The Coronavirus Panic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
    Well, supposedly, the mask stuff is supposed to end in Minnesota by July 1. If it actually does, my friend is going to have a huge celebration at his place on the 4th to burn those damn things, well, after we shoot them with a bunch of arrows first. We'll also be burning the signs that we have at the store.
    You might want to hold onto a couple of them for a while. Just because the law won't require them anymore doesn't necessarily mean some businesses won't.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• In matters of health, I'll keep to the medical-expert given course of action, not what any politician thinks should happen. When the experts say the masks can go, I'll stop wearing one. (already got the jabs, and more than willing to help others get theirs)
      Of course, I'm of the lazy-efficient mindset. If I'm going to have to do something, I'm only going to get up off my lazy butt ONE TIME. Be damned if I'm going to go back into this whole last year again if we can possibly avoid it.

Comment

• Quoth MadMike View Post
        You might want to hold onto a couple of them for a while. Just because the law won't require them anymore doesn't necessarily mean some businesses won't.
        There will be 3 types of businesses:
        1 - Those who demand you wear them
        2 - Those who don't care
        3 - Those who will ban them

I work for type 2.

I've decided that the panic attacks that I get from wearing the damn thing more than a minute or 2 (the 2 times I've gone in to Sam's Club wearing it, I've had them), there's nothing in said business that's worth me getting a panic attack over - NOTHING!

I never had panic attacks before wearing that damn thing. I always thought it was someone over-reacting, or it was made up. I know better now. At least I know how to avoid them, and it's to not wear what causes them.

So, yeah, I'll take great pleasure in destroying it. So will my friends/co-workers on the 4th.

Onto another topic in this area, my co-worker got his 2nd shot a couple days back. He's had a pretty nasty side effect - extreme fatigue. He was late for his shift yesterday, because he didn't even wake up until about a half hour before it, and felt like hell - exhausted, massive headache. He had slept for over 12 hours straight. He was scheduled at 2, but we had plenty of help, so we told him that he didn't need to show up until 4. He finally came in at around 3:30. He said the headache was gone that he had, after taking some alive, and was feeling better.

Now the problem is he is the main opener today. I'm the other person scheduled. I'm going to go in early today, just in case he's having the same issue today. If he isn't there, I'm going to have my work cut out for me, because I have no clue how to print out the sales tags, let alone know the password for the computer to be able to print them.

Wish me luck. Might have to bring a beer sample into work just in case the you know what hits the fan.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• I hope he gets over it quickly. Most people only have this reaction for a day after. Everyone in my family didn't have any reaction from it. Well, everyone but me. I'm the unlucky oddball.

Comment

• Quoth Arcus View Post
            I hope he gets over it quickly. Most people only have this reaction for a day after. Everyone in my family didn't have any reaction from it. Well, everyone but me. I'm the unlucky oddball.
            Thankfully he was a lot better yesterday. I was really worried about him. He worked his ass off yesterday, plus we were busy as hell for a Sunday.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• I'm lucky, I will be remote at my current job from now on. I never even saw the office. Most likely never will, it's in another state. Our team is across several states, all from home.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Our governor announced today that the state should fully reopen no later than June 30th.

I'm still gonna keep wearing my masks, though.

Comment

• Masks and distance. Even with both doses, I choose NOT to roll the damned dice for myself, or for those around me. Not to mention that some that freaking *COULD* get the shots have been putting it off for... reasons. (Sorry, I don't care to inherit your estate just yet. Seriously.)

Things out here have gone from 'not enough doses to go around' to 'not enough arms to jab'. Hell, I've offered some of my feet-draggers rides to get the damned jab, and... 'reasons'.
                  I'd say more, but I'm sure I'd be urged to go get an account on Fratching.

Comment

• No word at my job about when we plan to make masks non-mandated. Though a week or so ago I recall seeing some mail sent out to everyone that more than 70% of our workforce had been vaccinated. So it can't be too far in the future.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• I just saw that Ohio is doing a lottery for 5 weeks and giving away a million dollars to one person each week to incentivize getting the vaccine.

Comment

• Quoth dbuzman View Post
                        I just saw that Ohio is doing a lottery for 5 weeks and giving away a million dollars to one person each week to incentivize getting the vaccine.
                        Utah is talking about doing a version of this too. They are just trying to figure out a way to do it that wont get stopped by the strict anti-gambling laws here.

Comment

• The CDC has announced that people who've been fully vaccinated don't need to wear masks any more. In response, Minnesota Governor Walz has ended the mask mandate for the state. I have very strong feelings about this, and I fear it will spark debate, so I've started a thread on fratching about it.
                          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• California saw the CDC's relaxing of the mask mandate and said "NOPE!". Too many chuckleheads will see some guy not wearing a mask and ditch theirs, and FAR too many would gleefully lie their heads off about how they've already gotten their vaccination... that they might actually get one of these years.

Comment

• We don't have to wear the masks/shields at work anymore. I'm going to dance with glee when I jump up and down on it turning it into plastic bits when I get there in a bit for my shift. No more panic attacks! No more feeling like I'm being buried alive. No more feeling like I'm being smothered. No more uncontrollable rage while wearing it. The one thing I truly hated about the job is over!!!!!
                              I might cry with joy. I know I'll bring a beer sample to work to celebrate with my friends there.

Comment

• This is highly premature. The virus is still out there. Outside, on your own, I can understand. But indoors full of people, this is quite foolish. We're not at 70 % vaccination yet, not to mention the mutations.
                                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                                X