Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 10-23-2020, 09:32 PM
Tarot-carrying novelist.

Grand. Wishing a disease away doesn't work. The more people insist on living in fantasy, the harder the crash is ultimately going to be.

Old 10-23-2020, 11:51 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Every time I see someone (or especially a group of someones!) out without a mask, I want to tell them "You're the f***ing reason this thing hasn't gone away already!"

Old 10-24-2020, 03:48 AM
Master of Numbah-Crunching

And now it's our turn...

As of next week, there will be a mask mandate re: shopping in stores, visiting libraries etc. (basically "entering all premises that have public access"). Though elementary schools are exempted (which pisses Lil' Zel off big time, he actually liked online home-schooling )

And in full Yooropeen fashion, we're gonna go metric with a "rule of 10" when it comes to social bubbles.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Old 10-24-2020, 09:46 PM
Escapee

Quote:
Quoth Trixie View Post
coworker says quite loudly "WE DON'T MASK SHAME HERE!"
I have so much of a problem with this statement. This is not fat shaming. This is not shaming for race, religion, gender identity. Asking a person to follow state or county laws or mandates is NOT SHAMING. If someone walked in naked from the waist down and you said "you need to put on clothes to shop here" is that shaming?

Old 10-25-2020, 12:16 AM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Last week,it had to be explained to someone why even though a balaclava may indeed be a face covering, it's not really the most suitable one to wear when you're visiting the bank....

Old 10-25-2020, 01:18 AM
Loanshark IT

Quote:
Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
Last week,it had to be explained to someone why even though a balaclava may indeed be a face covering, it's not really the most suitable one to wear when you're visiting the bank....
Wearing a balaclava in a bank is not good. The material used in a balaclava is not a tight enough weave to catch the respiratory droplets. And, like a neck gaiter, may diffuse the droplets, making the situation worse than not wearing a mask at all.

Among other reasons...

Last edited by csquared; 10-25-2020 at 01:21 AM.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:38 AM
Resident dyheli wrangler...

Today my boss set me a task of calling around to the other hotels in the city to find out if they are doing any sort of screening when their guests check in. It's certainly not easy to find direct numbers for many of the local hotels, and when talking to the call center it's the same answer "it depends on what local policies are in place"...and my province doesn't have a strict mandate hotels are supposed to be following, basically leaving it up to each hotel to do whatever they want. Ugh.

Old 10-25-2020, 06:13 PM
Escapee

Quote:
Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
It would be fine here. If you're lucky enough to have a bank with open lobbies, you are required to wear a mask. I know, a year ago this would be stupid, but today it's standard.

The other day I had to go in a store to do a return and this place has it's line roped off, so you have to enter a little maze like at the airport. Instead of doing that, the couple who came up while my return was being processed walked around the side (so not saving any walking or time) and stood directly beside me at the counter. Just... Why. Even without a pandemic, this is rude. I'm sort of did a snort/laugh and turned sideways to stare at them. The wife walked away and the husband moved the box back a bit. I guess I radiate "back off" even with most of my face hidden.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:05 PM
Philosophical Tomato

I'm now having to deal with SCs who roll up to the register with their nose hanging out (or the entire mask is down on their chin). About half of those pull their mask back UP when asked, the rest take it off completely with a "nyah-nyahSEE" stare. One who was craning their head around the barrier to get in my face got huffy when I stepped back and stated that I was not continuing until they put their mask on properly and moved back; when SC finally relented when the line started complaining, my CDH apologized to him for the "trouble" and gave him some sort of coupon This is a public health crisis, not an out-of-stock product or misbehaving pinpad.

I have yet to get an answer from our management on whether we can refuse to serve people who don't pull it up. Tthere's a big sign outside "Per government order a mask is required to shop in this store"...a lot of people wear it correctly to go in, then take it off when shopping and they seem to know we don't have the ability or manpower to make them comply.

Old 10-25-2020, 11:08 PM
Loanshark IT

Went to an Air Show yesterday, They did it "Drive in". You paid per vehicle. Each ticket got a parking space and a tailgate space.

The rules were clearly stated:
1. If you leave you space, you must wear a mask.
2. Do not enter other peoples spaces.

I would estimate less than 10% of the people who walked past had masks on. Want to guess how many people cut THROUGH my space?