This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COMING SOON! does not mean OPEN NOW!

Cordes Junction, AZ is getting a Love's. Its being built next to the I17 so as to cash in on all of the travelers. There will also be an Arby's and a Godfather Pizza.

There will be much rejoicing from the locals when its open, which isn't now. The signs which are of course visible from the freeway are not lit, and clearly say "COMING SOON"

Yesterday, I was on my way back from Verde and had the misfortune to share the road with an out of state jerk. She cut me off from the left lane to get to the off ramp before me, then ran the stop sign at the end of the ramp. I watched her make the left to get to the Loves and followed her because I wanted to see what would happen. I watched her pull up to one of the pumps, get out of her car and start pushing buttons.

When nothing worked, she started yelling at a couple of the workers. I couldn't hear what was being said, but one of the workers just turned his back and started laughing so hard he couldn't walk. The other one was pointing at the sign, probably trying to explain what it meant. This didn't seem to please the woman, because she got louder, shriller and started using bad words. That worker also turned around and walked away. The woman tried honking her horn, which achieved nothing, then stormed into the unfinished store. I don't know what happened, I couldn't see or hear her anymore, so I got bored and left.

For those who might be feeling sorry for the dumb bint, had she made a right turn, she would have come to a Pilot gas station a quarter mile down the road. That sign is also clearly visible from the highway.

In her experience "Coming Soon" is immediately followed by "I'm Done. Snore."
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

...And, hopefully, by a call to the cops with a Trespassing complaint.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Reading is a superpower on this continent. And reading comprehension seems reserved only for the gods of late.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Laughing with/at you guys!

But yeah, when did reading become a lost art?

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
            Reading is a superpower on this continent. And reading comprehension seems reserved only for the gods of late.
            This.
            The flip-side of the vast majority of people who can't see the sign as big as the pinpad that's attached to the pinpad that says "USE THE PEN ON THE SCREEN, FINGERS DON'T WORK" is the one or two people a day who see - and misread - another sign by the register.

"How long has that been going on?"
            "The lottery has always been cash only."
            "Oh, it's just for the lottery."

Yes. That's why it says "Lottery is cash only. No credit or debit."

Comment

Aliteracy strikes again.

Comment

Shadow - Yup. I've had to give up using that term in places like Reddit, tho; I always get a bunch of people "correcting" me (by saying things like "It's ilLiTeRaCy dur") instead of taking five seconds to google the word.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  Aliteracy strikes again.
                  Yep, it's been a big problem for a long time. https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...698-story.html
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again ...

You could put a sign as large as a billboard in front of some people's faces and they'll still miss it.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I'm sure I've mentioned before the tale of having multiple people standing opposite me, with a sign at eye level effectively blocking their view of me, trying to ask me to do something I am incapable of doing as explained on said sign.
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

When the Fabric Store was moving to a new location, we had huge signs, as big as a person, all over the store, stating that we were moving, and the address and opening day of the new store.

Not one day went by when some ninny didn't ask me, "I heard you were moving! Where, when?"

People refuse to read signs. I really do not understand it.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          That would require five seconds of effort on their part – we can't have thaaaaat!

Comment

On that note, I used to be part of the backend of an online radio stream where a number of the listeners had gotten the direct address to the stream server to listen in. No problem, unless that server address needs to change for any reason... Yup, come time for a change, I had a little repeating spiel that gave out the redirect address (which is easy to change and points at the server). Yeah, instead of listening to instructions, we had plenty of idjits asking what this was all about. No reading required, just freaking LISTEN. (and it were a short enough message on a constant loop)

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              "It's not my job to read!!1!1eleventy!1"
                              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                              X