Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 10-12-2020, 05:58 PM
Other side of the m0dem

Quote:
Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
If I were you I'd start looking now. Don't wait to see if things improve.

I'd also suggest sending a note over the manager's head, saying that you're being disallowed breaks and that it's impacting your performance and motivation.
And your physical health!

Old 10-12-2020, 08:56 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Quote:
Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
Most state DOL sites have ways to file a complaint...but I don't know if those are actually anonymous.
I cannot speak as to anonymity, but it is my *understanding* that they cannot legally fire you for making a report/launching a valid case. That being said, they might do so anyway -- which, while it does you no good until the case is decided -- would simply strengthen your case. At any rate, once you're working elsewhere, go for the jugular. AFAIK, they normally only charge on an "only if you win" basis.

That being said, document, document, document! On paper. Dates, times, occurrences, names, everything. At least once for any day you are denied a potty break. Don't let anyone there know you have such a record, and keep it at home. The DOL will really want to have that when/if the time comes.
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Last edited by EricKei; 10-15-2020 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Redundant Department of Redundancy Department

Old 10-15-2020, 03:20 AM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
If I were you I'd start looking now. Don't wait to see if things improve.

I'd also suggest sending a note over the manager's head, saying that you're being disallowed breaks and that it's impacting your performance and motivation.
THIS. Very much this. Start looking now. And go over the manager's head to tell them what's going on. AND if you've got a union, contact them as well. Expecting you to work EIGHT HOURS without a bathroom break?? Definitely check your state labour laws about that one. That is absolutely not acceptable.