This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud of it

Back when I was in retail, we had many customers who really didn't want to pay the full price.

One woman spent ages selecting the mushrooms she wanted, or so we thought. We noted later that though she'd spent very little on them, the real reason was because she spent quite some time breaking the stalks off the mushrooms so she could just take the caps.

The utmost classic, though, was someone who was very proud of herself. She brought a bag full of loose tomatoes to the counter to be weighed.

"Those are vine tomatoes," she said proudly.

The Boss frowned at them. He could see something was missing.

"I took them off the vines so they wouldn't weigh as much - saved myself money," she added.

Honest yet cheating. Proud of it.

Rapscallion

People are just wonderful, aren't they?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'd like to point out that, over here in Frozenassistan, in my local grocery store at least, the Vine Tomatoes are sold without the vine.

But yeah; some people need a good swat to the skull with a large heavy blunt object.

Comment

We call them "truss tomatoes" down here if they still have the vine attached, or "Vine Ripe" if they come without the vine, but the stem is still obvious. Gourmet Tomatoes are sold without vine, stem etc.
        We get those who rip the stems off of the Vine Ripe to pass them off as Gourmet...ahh, no.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

here... the grocery store i go to (wegmans) lets you weigh your own. dad said he saw some lady bag and weigh hers... and then lift the bag up a little before hitting "print" so she could steal some extra

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            here... the grocery store i go to (wegmans) lets you weigh your own. dad said he saw some lady bag and weigh hers... and then lift the bag up a little before hitting "print" so she could steal some extra
            dont know which is worse, this or the grazers who stand for 15 min eating grapes and cherries

Comment

Working...
            X