Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you got a cloning machine in the back?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you got a cloning machine in the back?

I got up to a message from the store today: "Hi, I know you're already working, but would you like a 2-6 shift in the front of the store, sanitizing carts?"

I have no idea how that was supposed to work, since my shift at the register runs from 4:30 to 8:30 ....
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Quoth Pixelated View Post
    ... like a 2-6 shift ...
    ... shift at the register runs from 4:30 to 8:30 ....
    They meant 2-6 AM...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      They meant 2-6 AM...
      Well, then, I should've taken it ... we close at 9 p.m., LOL, so it would've been a damn easy shift!
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

2-6AM would have had a few wrinkles as... *Bang bang bang* "Hey, are you open? Why aren't you open? You need to be open. I just need a few..."

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
          "... sanitizing carts?" ...
          Quoth Buzzard View Post
          2-6AM would have had a few wrinkles as... *Bang bang bang* "Hey, are you open? Why aren't you open? You need to be open. I just need a few..."
          I assume sanitizing carts involves using a spritzer bottle of some sort. When the customer bangs on the door, a spritz or two in their direction should convince them to leave.

Hey, it works on cats.

On the other hand, cats are smarter than those customers.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

... ants are smarter than some customers...
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Speaking of clones, I am reminded of a video I first saw back around 1986, Clones In Love.

Comment

Telephone Cart sanitizers? What is this, Golgafrincham?!?
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Telephone Cart sanitizers? What is this, Golgafrincham?!?
                  You wouldn't happen to know where Ark Ship B landed, would you? I haven't had a hair cut since March.

Comment

I once had a manager who considered putting a reference to Bill Watterson's Scientific Progress Goes "Boink" in a memo about staffing.

Comment

I once said to my manager "I don't mind working a double, it's the being two people for one hour that I can't do".

See, our schedules ran Friday to Thursday. The manager had a habit of posting the new schedule when he arrived on Thursday morning. He also had a habit of doing the schedule at home (where he didn't have access to the current schedule).

I was available for any shift, but almost always worked overnight.

The shifts were oddly staggered: second shift was 2pm to 10pm, but of the two people working overnight one worked 10 to 6 and the other 11 to 7. And of the two morning people, one worked 6 to 2 and one worked 7 to 3. That last was the manager's preferred shift.

So, when I worked 10 to 6 on Wednesday, I left before the manager arrived and posted the schedule.
                      And when I came in to work my 11 to 7 on Thursday, I found I was also scheduled to work 6 to 2 on Friday.

"Why didn't you call me?"
                      "What were you going to do about it at 11pm Thursday night?"
                      (The 10-6 guy worked a 10-7 so we had two people.)

Comment

Working...
                      X