This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bill

I don't have any health insurance. The hospital I work for offers it; however I am 30min a day away from getting it . I acutally work enough to get it most weeks, but I'm only scheduled 20hours a week.. I keep getting told it's not in the budget. I am trying not to go full time because I'm a student and I really don't want to drop out of school because I need health insurance.

I went to the ER when I had a kidney stone, I couldn't take the pain anymore so I went to our ER. I was treated and released and missed 3 days of work with no sick pay. When somone comes to me without insurance and wants to make a payment plan, we let them pay what they can afford monthly. When the business office called me, they wanted to do payroll deduction for my bill (which was fine), but then they told me I would have to have $80 a week deducted from my check!! They told me it was the smallest amount they could take out because they wanted the bill paid off in a year.

That is bull$hit. We let people who have no insurance pay $25 a month on a $3,000 bill and I can't choose?? Noone hase even offered a discount because I'm an employee, but we give soo many people free care, but they can't even give me a itty bitty discount. I think it's bs that they give away financial assistance to people for $200 lab bills!!

That sounds lousy! Is there anyone higher up you can appeal this to so you can get a more manageable payment plan?
    "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

The hospital I used to work at didn't give anyone a choice about it. You had to either sign up for their health insurance or supply proof you were covered elsewhere.

This was of benefit to both parties. For the employees it was access to health care.

For the hospital is was avoiding the kind of bad PR that would come of being a health care institution failing to provide thier own employees access to basic health care benefits.

Don't let them do a payroll deduction. Insist that they set up a voluntary payment plan that works for both of you and then send the payment yourself every month.

They can't force you to take a payroll deduction. My guess is that they are trained to try and get as much as they can as quickly as they can. Just keep holding out and insisting; don't get angry or rattled. It's a negotiation. Once they realize that you aren't budging, they'll take what you can give them and they'll like it.

It's not like you went out and purchased a large screen TV you knew you couldn't afford and had no plans to pay for.

You had to get health care you couldn't afford and you DO plan to pay for it. You just want to be able to afford food, clothing and shelter too.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
      X