This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on up!

I didn't want to post anything about it until it was locked in-- for fear of jinxing it somehow-- but after 8-ish years on the IT Service Desk here at The Client, I'm finally moving on up!

I just completed my component admin training course, aced the test, and I report to my new job on Monday. Tomorrow will be my last day at the ITSD.

The new job will let me expand my knowledge, pays more, AND is a much, much shorter commute. ITSD at the Mothership is a 30-45min drive, where as the new job is more like 5 minutes, as it is about a mile down the road from where I live!

Whoo-hoo!
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

That is all great, but what kind of stories will you get to tell us?

On a serious note, congrats!

PS. I am jealous of you new commute.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

As one may have noticed, the frequency of my stories slowed after a while. Nothing was significant or noteworthy enough to share. And the nature of The Client is such that, even without the board's policy of obfuscation, I am limited in what I can actually say.

So I don't know that there's much I'll be able to share on this new job. But I'll still be here, lurking, and posting the occasional semi-witty remark.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Congrats on the new job!
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
        X