This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murders/felons/drugdealers.

I didn't know that when I took my job that I'd have to be registering convicts in chains. I just registered somone that had killed a person (who's body was in the morgue and family was around). This isn't the first time I've had to do somthing like this. One guy came in covered in blood, but it was in self defense).

I guess, I just don't like doing it. I know he's restrained and there are cops around, but I just don't like it. There is somthing about a person that has just taken the life of another that makes me uncomfortable. There is really nothing I can do about it, so I guess I'll get used to it.

Do you have security guards or any physical barrier between you and patients?
    I sympathize with the discomfort. There are reasons that on my current job search I'm ruling out the public defender's office or bail bond places.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

My desk is a barrier, they're in heavy chains and always have 2 cops plus our guards around.

Comment

Just remember that for every person like that you meet, there is probably another that hasn't been caught. Now THAT is scary.
        "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

One of my best friends was a dental assistant at the medical building of the local prison. It got to where she quit reading the St. Joe paper because she didn't want to know that the guy whose mouth she is helping check out happens to be a child molester or a rapist.

Everyone who came into jail had to have an exam and x-ray done. Well, one day, one of the guys really decided he didn't want to go to jail. Somehow he got himself locked into the dental office alone, and locked the doors. My friend, the dentist, and several guards watched in horror as this guy smashed a window and cut open his neck and died right there before the guards could crash through the door. She got home and opened the want-ads and had a new job in two weeks. She couldn't stand it anymore, and I don't blame her!

I coudn't work in a prison. It's just too sad. I commend the OP for what she does.
          I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Working...
          X