This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for call centre staff

Because the town im living in is alot smaller, and the gallery/museum/archives arnt hiring right now I have to find a job. The cities biggest employer is a call centre (they pay above minimum, give you medical, dental, and contribute to your retirement) so I applied for a job there.

The art stall isnt working out, its only 18 hours a week and it turns out, im a crappy salesman... I sold one yesterday... I usually do 10-13 a day, sigh. I handed in my notice a couple of weeks ago and have until the end of this month to find a full time job.

I just got through the phone interview and they want me to come in for testing.... TESTING!?!?!!?! gulp

any ideas on what to expect? stuff I should brush up on over the weekend? Im going to polish my touch typing, but basic math questions or something?

any pointers would be greatly apprciated!!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-14-2006, 06:34 PM.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

I'm not sure, either, having never worked in a call center, but I would imagine that alot of what your interview is based on is dependant on what the call center is used for-cell phone complaints, credit card call center, technical help, etc.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

You'll probably be tested on typing speed. Most places have a minimum speed requirement, but at the call center I worked at, it was something like 25 wpm--I mean, that's practically hunt and peck territory

You might also get some kind of personality test. You know, the kind where you get to choose from answers like: "I believe stealing from the company is: A) okay all the time, B) okay some of the time, C) not okay some of the time, D) never okay at any time."

I wouldn't worry too much. If you're an okay typist and know the right answers, you'll have a good chance to get hired.

Comment

I was tested on basic math, spelling, typing, and personality when I applied for a call-centre job. Hope this helps!

Comment

Quoth Brighid45

You might also get some kind of personality test. You know, the kind where you get to choose from answers like: "I believe stealing from the company is: A) okay all the time, B) okay some of the time, C) not okay some of the time, D) never okay at any time."

E: Never but okay for the company to steal from me in the form of benefits, breaks and raises. *Ducks*

Comment

Probably your knowledge of the computer and how you navigate Windows. When I got my job at Convergys call centre, they tested my knowledge of windows. I never had to take a typing test cause I handed them a certificate from my school showing that I type about 45 wpm.

Last I heard, they have a example rep call and they want you to judge the call as though you were monitoring for quality.

Good luck.
            Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Working...
            X