This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling any/all Starbucks baristas>>>

Not sure this is the right forum, but it'll work!

In the interest of not being a SC, and b/c I always wonder about this (WHY I wonder, I'll never know)...tell me the proper way to order my drink. Size first, then drink, then any special requirements? I know that there must be an order to the way the drink is input into the register.

If I want a sugar-free vanilla latte, is it "Grande sugar-free vanilla latte"?

Yes, this is stupid, but I'd like to not irritate the baristas.

Add shots - a tall has one shot and a grande/venti have two. So if you want a tall mocha is two shots it would be a double tall
    Size
    Syrups
    Milk - Soy, nonfat, etc
    Customizers - no foam, extra drizzle, no whipped cream, etc.
    Drink

So, your drink is the Grande sugar-free vanilla latte. I usually get a triple venti peppermint mocha.

That help at all?

Comment

I get a quad iced venti extra caramel caramel macciato!! It used to be a quint, but the Dr. made me start cutting caffine.
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
        I get a quad iced venti extra caramel caramel macciato!! It used to be a quint, but the Dr. made me start cutting caffine.
        Um, I think you are ordering it wrong.
        According to Lyse's post it should be (correct me if I'm wrong): Venti quad caramel (extra) iced caramel latte.

That bites on the caffeine cutback, but shots are still less caffeine than a brewed cuppa' joe, so you are all good!

Comment

I just wonder if I ordered a small coffee, black; Would their head explode?
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Sounds like when I used to go into burger bars and ask for a burger that was, "Bread, meat, bread - no foliage or any sauces/relishes."

I managed to get the manager called over twice because they never knew how to do that one

Actually, it made me realise that most mass-produced burgers taste like crap without the extras...

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              I wonder the same thing.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                Small black coffee? Did you mean a short or a tall for the size? Drip or Americano? Regular or decaf? Room or no room?

Pssht. As if we can't complicate anything to do with coffee.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  Sounds like when I used to go into burger bars and ask for a burger that was, "Bread, meat, bread - no foliage or any sauces/relishes."

Actually, it made me realise that most mass-produced burgers taste like crap without the extras...
                  At the burger joint, we called that "dry only" which really wasn't dry, because of the grease from the meat.
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Heh. My favorite is a grande gingerbread skim latte with nutmeg and cinnamon.

Those things are the precise reason I have a Starbucks addiction.
                    Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to get out of the blanket nest.

Comment

Quoth Lyse View Post
                      Small black coffee? Did you mean a short or a tall for the size? Drip or Americano? Regular or decaf? Room or no room?

Pssht. As if we can't complicate anything to do with coffee.
                      No no, you see, that's where you tell them to figure it out.

That way you get coffee AND a show!

I'm joking of course. I order a tall apple cider with no caramel. YUMMY!
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

i personally don't care if you call it by the 'speshul' names for the sizes or small, medium or large; as long as you have an idea of what you're looking for, we can help.

it's a piss poor one that won't help you or looks at you crosseyed (i only do it when a dramatist comes in and makes a big theatrical production of their order-ugh).

i've heard tales of the 'coffee' snobs; don't let them intimidate you-you know what you want, order and be ye not afraid of yon jackass manning the till.
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Why is it when I ask for a 20 oz decaf and please leave about an inch room for cream I'm lucky if I get half an inch room?

I don't go for venti, grande or tall just give me a 12 oz, 16 oz or 20 oz.
                          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Yeah, me too. I'm not much of a big Starbucks fan...don't mean anything bad by that, it's jus that I simply do not find myself in Starbucks very often. But really, I don't think I'm keen to learn an entirely new language just to order a freaking cuppa joe.

I mean, that might be fun for some people in some situations, but I assure you that if I am buying coffee it's because I am NEEDING coffee. And if I am needing coffee, then it's fair to say that I'm not needing "fun", if you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                            X