This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Andrea" and "Larry" are passing the buck

I have noticed that when "Andrea", the parking office manager at the university I work at as a contract parking attendant, calls me on the phone inside the booth, she is abrupt and condescending even though I am polite & professional towards her.

I was instructed to refer any university employee calling me to make parking arrangements for their guest either when the garage is reserved or when the garage is not reserved to the parking office. Several university employees have called me or have come down to the Visitor parking booth. The answer I get when I tell the that they have to go to the Parking office is "I do not like dealing with them." If it is because of the way "Andrea" acts, I can understand that. I can't make them call if they do not want to.

Then one day when I got to work there was a note left for me from a staff member. Apparently the staff member asked the second shift parking attendant to leave a note for me to reserve a parking spot for her guest. I left "Andrea" and "Nancy", one of Andrea's clerks, voice mail regarding this so they can decide what to do about it. "Nancy" called me to let me know to save a spot for the guest & that she will notify the staff member that she has to contact the Parking office.

Since "Larry" wants to be informed of any problems at work, I e-mailed him about the staff members calling me or coming down to the booth to ask him what he would do. He replied that he would ask "Andrea". I received a reply from him today with "Andrea's" reply & basically he and "Andrea" are passing the buck. What "Andrea" wrote did not even address the problem. Neither one of them advised me on how they want me to deal with the staff members. So I have to handle things the best I can on my own.

Try this:

"I'm sorry, I'm just the gatekeeper. The lists are made by the Parking Office, and I can only go by what they give me."

You may have to repeat it several times. Few things are as hard as the heads belonging to school department staff.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
      "I'm sorry, I'm just the gatekeeper...."
      I am the key master.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
      "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
      "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
      My MySpace
      My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth SuperDan View Post
        I am the key master.
        I knew that was going to happen. I done been made phychic!
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
          What "Andrea" wrote did not even address the problem. Neither one of them advised me on how they want me to deal with the staff members. So I have to handle things the best I can on my own.
          Resend the email. Even BOLD the question if you have to. But you deserve an answer.

Comment

Working...
          X