This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth casey13 View Post
    It looked like a print out of the system they use for associates to log in and view stuff such as transfers (forgot what it is called.) It had check boxes such as "manager collects equipment such as Wal-mart issued shirts, box cutter, name badge, and discount card if applicable" (yeah, had my box cutter, name badge, and discount card), last day of employment, a spot that told me I was eligible for rehire immediately, and a spot for me and the managers to click to show signature.
    I didn't get anything like that, either. Maybe it was because I was in the Pharmacy?

I just cut up my discount card and threw away my badge. And I still have the blue polo that HR gave me. Still trying to decide whether to burn it or not along with my khaki pants.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn View Post
      I gave my 2 weeks notice yesterday. I'm figuring that I would have gotten fired for sure if I stuck around, and I didn't want that black mark against me, so I quit. I typed up a professional letter stating my reasons, signed it, and handed a copy to my manager and an assistant.

I'm just hoping they don't go through with the termination anyway.
      I don't blame you for doing that, but have you found anything yet? Depending on your state you may not be eligible for unemployment if you quit and/or left the company through your own fault.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        I don't blame you for doing that, but have you found anything yet? Depending on your state you may not be eligible for unemployment if you quit and/or left the company through your own fault.
        Yeah, I won't get unemployment, I don't think. However, we're ok on just one income for a short time, and even if I have to take something part time somewhere until I find something better I'm willing to do that. I just needed to get out of there pronto. And, it's better for me in the long run if I quit on good terms rather than be fired and have future employers hear that I'm not eligible for rehire.

Comment

Working...
        X