Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay cuts suck. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. But, the recession hasn't hit all industries. I work for a financial services (not a bank) company...and we've had our best year ever. Most of it is simply because people are moving away from stocks, and into other types on investments. Not trying to brag, but my company got lucky. That is, we didn't make the same mistakes that some of our competitors did. Instead, we chose to sit back and wait out the storm.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I guess that's the one nice thing about working at a grocery store. People still have to eat. While my company wasn't totally unscathed since we did have some store closures, we're still getting our six-month raises and the company still has a 401K match.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

wait.
        Salary is getting it dry, while wagers aren't getting any at all.
        Smells like someone up the ladder's trying to 'save money.'
        Don't worry, when one of the salary-types has a mental/physical breakdown, they'll be forced to rely on wagers, at least for a bit. /cynicism... realism?
        Either that or they'll let the workpace suffer while they try to get another salary in to get it. Whateves.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
        X