Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most WTF things you've been asked at work.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most WTF things you've been asked at work.

I work at a major chain pizza place. The only cooking thing we have is s conveyer oven. Tonight, a customer asked if we sold French fries.

What're your weird and wtf questions?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

One I got was "when is naptime?" for a school-aged childcare program. In fairness, the kid was just starting school and it was mum's first child. The family were one of my favourites
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I had a guest once who did not have a credit card or cash and could not understand why we couldn't accept PayPal. He simply would not take "no" for an answer and was demanding I set up a PayPal account for the hotel right then and there to take his money. Yeah it doesn't work like that buddy.

Once a guest wanted me to come up to her room and pretend I was her cousin. She apparently was on the phone telling her significant other that she was visiting her cousin and I was playing the role so he'd hear the voice of her "cousin" in the background of the phone call. I did so, and she tipped me well.

One the husband had on the paper route: he used to do a route where there were four customers near each other and three of them wanted papers on their porch, so he would have to get out and walk them to the porches. He walked the fourth one to their porch as well figuring he was being nice. That customer called and complained. Apparently they wanted it at the end of the driveway right beside the road. Not even tossed up their drive, it had to be right by the road.
      Last edited by bhskittykatt; 04-19-2015, 02:00 PM.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Every April 15th, I am asked if one can file with a pay slip or annunity statement. The answer is no...as a matter of fact, the W2's and 1099's would have been due January 31 (or the following Monday when that day is a weekend). Needless to say, I had to prep extensions for those people
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Well, my favorite is still "How much is that ten dollar ad?" I always want to reply, "Please connect brain before engaging mouth."

I suppose the question is more stupid than weird. Can't think of any really weird ones right now.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
            I work at a major chain pizza place. The only cooking thing we have is s conveyer oven. Tonight, a customer asked if we sold French fries.

What're your weird and wtf questions?
            Actually that's not really all that crazy, after all, the frozen fries you buy at home are typically cooked in an oven, so really you could cook fries in the pizza oven.
            Seph
            Taur10
            "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Every pizza place sells fries here, lol, so I'd probably ask that question.

Most wtf questions were always office supply related, like poster boards or highlighters... In a card store...

Comment

Why does a twin quilt cost more then a baby quilt?

Do you have any other quilts in the back?
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

"What's the difference between fiction and non-fiction?"
                  "What library is this?"
                  "Do you guys have a vending machine?"

And one from when I was the church secretary, although this was from a Yahoo Chat conversation - I had been telling this guy that the church office was fairly quiet to work in, and usually it was just myself and our then-pastor. (I'll call him "Pastor George") The guy kept asking me how old Pastor George was, and when I asked why he wanted to know, his response was "Does he ever hit on you?" (this, and other really stupid questions were the reason I got really vague when talking about that job)

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
                    "What's the difference between fiction and non-fiction?"
                    Fiction=fake. That's how I remembered it.

Hubs keeps getting asked if they have collard greens in the meat department. Um, no, it's a major health code violation for the two to be anywhere near each other. Check Produce, where the rest of the greens are.
                    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

On Christmas Day since it's just us and our 3 letter competitor open we get lots of strange questions but the one that I got a couple years ago still seems to be the standard of stupidity...Do you have any canned asparagus? In case anyone is wondering, the answer is no. We have peas, corn and green beans. Even black and green olives. But no canned asparagus.
                      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Can you open a window
                        Can you go down to the hold to get my book for me
                        I know you don't stock Dr Pepper so I'll have a diet Dr Pepper instead
                        Do you fly straight back to London now (after a 12 hour flight)
                        Do you have Subway?
                        Is there a Starbucks?
                        Can you cook me a boiled egg?

Comment

Considering all the WTF moments I've had, I can't hardly think of any. I guess a contender for my most hated question is "where is your chevron fabric?" For anyone not familiar with fabric stores, we do not sort our fabric by print or style. It's sorted by intended use. Like quilting, apparel, or home decor. It would be like going into a clothing store and saying "where are your brown clothes?"

I've had people ask for inkjet printer cartridges, and Nintendo games. I've had one person bring up some fabric and say "does this feel like human skin?" Was for a costume, so that was odd but funny.
                          Last edited by notalwaysright; 04-20-2015, 08:10 PM.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Homeowner, on middle of walk-through of the house with a designer, turns to me : What was the name of the bad guy on the racoons cartoon?

Maybe it made sense if I was listening to the rest of their conversation, I don't know.
                            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Walking into our waterfront office and asking where a boat is. "We keep all of our vessels on the water..."

When leaving work at 3:30 pm "oh it must be nice for you to leave so early" me:"I've been here since 6:30 am, how long would you like me to stay?"

Comment

Working...
                              X