Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever someone returns a food item because 'oops I bought too much hehehehehehe', I ring up the return and toss the item in the garbage can right in front of them. It's so much fun watching them squirm when it dawns on them that they could have just donated it to the food pantry instead.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      Did anything entertaining happen as a result of this?
      Oh, I was so mad. Another woman stole soda and this guy shoved a bunch of creamers and sugars in his pocket while his friend covered him. He waited until I was on break. My coworker that was covering for me told me.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Haunted? Now this sounds interesting =)

Though I have no objection to being in a room next to the ice machine or elevator unlike some sucktomers=)
        it is for the ghost. They get lonely too sometimes! =P
        As for the couple, they get a good thrill, of seeing her come out from the TV! That's what they were looking for anyway, right?
        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Short-range signal jammers at the front desk or cash registers might work for those people who prefer to blather on their phones than deal with a real person.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I am very glad cell phones were big and bulky when I was working the repair center. All the questions we had to ask...

Leading up to that, being a jerk to the person checking in your product for repair will get you our longest estimated repair time, automatically. I know our technician was bored at this point, because it was winter and the lawn side slows waaaaayyy down during the winter. But guess what? He also repaired/s appliances and that's when our appliance side kicked up! Your push mower that you ran over a stump with will just have to go to the very back of a very long appliance line. Oh and that estimate goes UP in time, if you piss off the lawn and garden tech while unloading the mower. If you're lucky, you might see this mower in time for spring. Might.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Known pharmacy coupon chasers, which are the type that switch pharmacies every month to get transfer incentives, tend to have an hour or two tacked on to their wait times.
              Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

^exxxxxcellent *rubs hands together*
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

At my former job; customers who were snippy, entitled, rude, or all of the above? You want me to go out of my way to a. find you a size or color in another store? b. return and repurchase your stuff you bought at full price, so you can now get the promo price? and c. and hurry up and ring you out, as you meander around the store like you don't have a care in the world? Sorry, you get the bare minimum. I might check on store, then tell you sorry, its gone in that size or color.

I might also tell you that company policy is we need the merchandise, to see, unworn, with tags on, and THEN we can do your return/repurchase.

And if you tell me you're in a hurry, but then wander about? I slow down.

ON the other hand, customers who are nice, i will go out of my way to find them things, give them discounts, and so on. But you treat me like crap, i can give it right back.

Another evil thing, but this was more becuase i hated doing them, is if I saw a customer come in with a bag, as in they had a return, I got really good at sneaking to the other side of the store, and hiding, so someone else would ahve to do it!

Comment

At my old grocery store there was pay phone that constantly being prank called late at night. At random I would i pick it up and slam it into the wall, leave it off the hook for an hour or blast the fool on the other end with my 115db storm whistle. The whistle usually came with screaming and cursing on the other end.

I'd also glue change to the floor and the customer service desk to watch the lotto junkies try to get something for nothing. While i was at it, there was another p/t manager who insisted that we all use a "special marker" and only that marker to fill out a log. Since he was always whining about how it was missing (and it was, all the other p/t managers would "loose" routinely just to annoy him), I glued it to the pen cup so it would never again be lost. And we had that marker till the day the store closed, dried out and useless but we had it.

Comment

When I was a customer facing agent, I would note accounts with exactly what happened, exactly how it happened.

That often made the customer look like a dumbass, which was a nice bonus.

Comment

If someone with an upcoming reservation calls about it and is rude and snippy with me during that call, they somehow end up with a room by the elevators or ice machine or view of the dumpster. Strange how that happens...
                        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                          if someone dumps a pile of change on to the counter to pay, even if I know it's exact, I'll pick it up one coin at a time.
                          money dumped on the counter, change gets returned to the same spot, ignoring the open hand waiting.
                          I actually do the same thing in my delivery job.

You hand me a fist full of coins and some bills, I will SLOWLY count out the bills and THEN start to SLOWLY count out EVERY SINGLE coin to make sure there is at least enough to cover the order total.

Shorted enough times in the early days AND it pisses them off but they can not really complain because I am just doing my job which means making sure the company gets the correct amount of money for an order.

GOD help them IF they try and pay with a cup full of pennies. YES that used to happen back in the day and I really got them upset because I DID count EVERY SINGLE penny TO THE PENNY.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I do that too. Also during flu season, if a customer who is sniffling makes me pick coins out of their hand (or I get handed a damp bill in summer) I will Purell my hand right after giving change. If they get mad I don't care, I'm just not potentially getting myself or the next customer sick (and even if the SC didn't have anything, next customer can see they gave me questionable money, what am I supposed to do?).
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                              If yr too stupid to sign up for a free reward program that gets you shit tones of benefits (thus messing up my numbers) I will forget to hand u the coupons that print with the receipt. Enjoy NOT getting points and paying full price.
                              Ooh, not a good idea. Could be construed as theft.

My evil things are:

1. crop dusting, and
                              2. taking extra extra long to pretend-check the backroom for the item the asshole wants, because I wanted to be "absolutely sure" we didn't have it.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Along the same lines with change on the counter, I pretend to struggle picking up the coins one by one. If the customer decides to point out my struggle, I'll blurt out 'Yeah that's why it's easier to just HAND me the money'

Comment

Working...
                                X