Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat > Bragging base

A new chapter:
Old 11-20-2020, 12:50 PM
Make the stupid stop!!!!

Default A new chapter:

For 25 years of my life I was in the restaurant business - including 15 as an owner. There also was a gas station in the mix for about 6 years. There were a lot of ups, and downs during it.

This ended Halloween 2020.

As of yesterday I am officially hired at <package delivery service>. I passed my DOT physical with flying colors. I'll be taking a road test either today, or Monday, but I start Monday.

It will be a huge change for me, but I'm excited as hell. They're excited to have me as well.

Now my goal, since I've been on the other side, is to work hard, do my best and make the company - and myself - money.

Oh, and I'll be making about twice as I was making before - well, when I was able to take a paycheck. The hours will be a lot at this time of the year, but, nothing I'm not already used to. I will be getting at least 1 day off a week.

Wish me luck everyone.

Old 11-20-2020, 01:43 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Good luck, man, and be careful out there!
"If someone feels the need to tell you how intelligent (or honest, etc) they are, it means that, somewhere deep down inside, they know that their words and actions would never give anyone the impression that they ARE intelligent." - me
Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
"Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read" - me
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 11-20-2020, 05:16 PM
Area Manager

Good luck.
You know, when you have been owner, it is heaven to be off work when you leave. No working when you are home.

Old 11-21-2020, 01:47 AM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

From the restaurant biz to throwin' boxes? Quite a change, I'd say!

Good luck, and enjoy the bigger paycheck!!

Old 11-23-2020, 03:06 PM
Make the stupid stop!!!!

Well, updates.
I actually had my first training session Saturday. I started to learn how to scan packages, and where to locate them on the truck.
Then they had me drive the truck for a bit. Now, this is actually a big box truck. To say that I was nervous is an understatement. I have never driven anything like it before.
Sadly, I don't think it will work out. I think they expected me to be 100% ready to go after that one 30 minute session. I went in today, waited there for about an hour, and got sent home.
Will see. I just feel somewhat worthless right now. Hoping for the best, but not looking good.