Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Confessions" that make our jobs harder?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Confessions" that make our jobs harder?

This seemed like the most relevant place to put this, its an internet confession of an ex Circuit City worker. Some of what he says seems very true anywhere, other stuff, well, maybe it happened at his store, and I can see it causing a lot of problems elsewhere. Also, are there any other "confessions" of ex workers that circulate in the media and cause problems?

27 Confessions Of A Former Circuit City Worker
    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

I kinda like reading those. The sometimes serve as confirmation of things I thought were true. Although they sometimes seem like rants from disgruntled workers.

A couple interesting things in that list though:

12. Tags are often in the wrong place, so miss-tagged items are very common. You can use this to your advantage, and move some of those high speed SD cards onto a peg of cheaper SD cards. Customer service associates ringing up customers don't know jack about anything, so they will follow you back to the product, and then apologize and give you the right discount, just you may need to look a bit upset. Biggest discount I witnessed was an item that was $69 discounted to $12. Also you can look behind the tag on the peg, often people just put new tags in front of old, and leave the sale prices in the peg. Use that to get the (old) sale price.
    Just like the people who swap clearance tags for cheap items onto expensive items and demand the "discount" at the registers. Last time I checked that was fraud.

17. Sales from ads primarily work off the bait-and-switch tactic. It's most likely that the item you're looking for is out of stock or no longer carried. It is hoped that since you came in to buy one and can't, that you will find a better and more expensive alternative.
    Wonderful. He just went from encouraging customers to break the law, to admitting CC breaks the law themselves.

24. Circuit City has violated "minor labor laws" to the extreme. I know of 16 year olds who worked 50 hour weeks, when it was only legal for 20.

27. Another shady fact that may not mean much to others is that they would send out 16 year olds to deliver tvs and computers. That's strictly against company policy, you're supposed to be 18 to assist or 21 to drive to a customer's house.
    I hope that was just happening at the author's store; otherwise good-bye CC when the class-action lawsuit hits.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I don't pay a lot of attention to these things.

Using absolutely true stories from the past year, I could:

A. Write up a list that would make you think the cable company is center of goodness in the universe.

B. Write up a list that would make you think Satan himself should be afraid of Big Cable.

While all the stories would be true, neither list would capture the real picture.
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
      X