Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to high school with the unfortunately-named Burma Shaver. Apparently that was his father's idea of a joke, but I think it just made the poor kid's life even more difficult than it had to be!

And I can't help but think of, each time I see a customer with the first name Ken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cl_AG5T5U0
    Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I have a family doctor that is named Dr. Ompa. and he looksexactly like an Ompa Lumpa, short, organish skin, and his hair has a little green tint to it. Oddly enough, his wife is a dententist and he himself is a foot doctor. A kid at my highschool has the the name Woody. Woody Buzzard (pronouced Ba-zard), but every one calls him Buzzard (as in the bird). I found it hilarious. He is a strange strange child though.
      Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

We also had a Mike Hunt - in fact I dated him . . . course that was in Jr High and he insisted on being called Michael . . . it was a little later that I finally caught on as to why. (jr High = 7, 8, 9th grade - so I was 12/13 at the time)

The OBGYN that delivered me . . .Dr. Weirwiley (pronounced weir -weird without the d- wiley - rhymes with silly)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I am one of many people, I am sure, who went to high school (in this case my second of three high schools I attended) with a fellow named Mike Hunt.
          Nod...he lived across the street from me in junior high...he and his brother Harry.

Too bad I was extremely naive at that age!
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I don't get it??
            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

what don't you get

Comment

I had a teacher in grade 7-8 named Mrs. Dick.

Oh, the jokes made on that name...
                Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

I also went to school with a Justin Case- his sister's name was Amanda Lynn Case, lol.

At work I've definately got some fun names- we have one old man whose name is Jigger Staby, also a woman named Dixie Downes. My favorite church name so far is Holy Comforter (batman!)

Comment

One of the boys managers is also called Mike Hunt. He goes by michael as well.

To 'get' Mike Hunt just say the two together quite fast, and drop the 'H' a little..
                    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

When I worked in another department at the college I had someone tell me that there was a girl that had attended the school who's name was Shithead - pronuonced Sh - thead or something like that. I thought they were full of crap until I went in to our system and actually found her as having attended for the last couple of years. What a cruel thing to name your kid. I also had a friend who's mom was named Shirley and married a guy with the last name Worley. Shirley Worley - I couldn't help but laugh everytime I saw her.
                      You want it when? Yeah, Good luck with that!

Comment

I was at school witha Yarna Cotton.

I had friends named Dunk who wanted to name their first son Donald. Quack!
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I worked with a guy named Adolf. He was in management... Many jokes came from that.

There's a local doctor named "Paine". Really strange little guy.

I remember in college some guy named Richard Hertz. Again, I wonder if his parents thought about that...
                          Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                            One of the boys managers is also called Mike Hunt. He goes by michael as well.

To 'get' Mike Hunt just say the two together quite fast, and drop the 'H' a little..

I myself, still don't get it.

I went to school with a Mike Hunt, also.
                            Went to school with Justin Payne. He was one hell of a nice guy
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

powerboy, the mike hunt joke refers to a phrase thats a particularly offensive and taboo word for the female sexual nether region c*nt. (pardon the language, please, just an explanation.)

it was made famous in the movie Porky's and they were calling and asking about mike hunt. if you say it truly fast it sounds like my c***.

Comment

When I was in high school I dated a girl named Cricket. That was her actual given name. But this wasn't as offbeat as her sister's given name, Velveeta.
                                This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X