Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't sell computer games? You'l be out of business in a year! (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I want to visit someday. i haven't played Warhammer in MONTHS

Mostly its cause I can't find a pin vice in the ENTIRE CITY OF CALGARY! So I cant' fix my banners.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Games Workshop have also crossed into the main stream somewhat - their figures and paints are sold at craft stores and toy stores.

A guy I know has recently opened an independant games store and he sells Games Workshop stuff at a discount, despite a Games Workshop store being a few door up the road. The GW store has a bigger variety of GW stock of course.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Bagga the forum member is a man, yes, and Bagga the female WoW gnome was for 2 years perhaps the most famous Alliance character on the European Stormrage server. I used to stand on Ironforge bridge outside the auction house for anything up to 12 hours a day, selling enchantments.

There she is! Up there, look! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        Last edited by Bagga; 11-22-2007, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
          Mostly its cause I can't find a pin vice in the ENTIRE CITY OF CALGARY! So I cant' fix my banners.
          I bought a new one on Tuesday.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

That's the fun part. What's so fun about sitting behind a computer, playing a game with people I don't even know? (<-- that's a rhetorical question).
            The fun part is playing with people you know, and competing against people you don't. I often play WoW with my GF (questing together) It brings a whole new level of enjoyment to the game that does not exist in any other form of game.
            MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
              The fun part is playing with people you know, and competing against people you don't. I often play WoW with my GF (questing together) It brings a whole new level of enjoyment to the game that does not exist in any other form of game.
              I can attest to that. My best friend and I share a place, and we both play on the Undermine US server. Who needs TeamSpeak when you can just leave your doors open and yell down the hall at each other?

Quoth Bagga View Post
              Bagga the forum member is a man, yes, and Bagga the female WoW gnome was for 2 years perhaps the most famous Alliance character on the European Stormrage server.
              *snicker* Reminds me of my main character, a Lvl 63 Female Draenei Hunter. When people ask why I, a guy, am playing a female toon, my answer is simply "Whose rump would you rather be staring at for seventy levels?
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                I can attest to that. My best friend and I share a place, and we both play on the Undermine US server. Who needs TeamSpeak when you can just leave your doors open and yell down the hall at each other?
                You CAN set up a teamspeak server on your own computer and avoid the shouting
                *snicker* Reminds me of my main character, a Lvl 63 Female Draenei Hunter. When people ask why I, a guy, am playing a female toon, my answer is simply "Whose rump would you rather be staring at for seventy levels?
                That and the male characters in WoW are... over exagerated. And it's 80 levels now, as of this christmas with luck.
                MMO Addicts group

Comment

I will concede and see the appeal of computer gaming. However, the intimacy of having your friends in the same room, laughing and talking with you, that is what I'm after. That's what I crave and enjoy. Stopping to have dinner (either take-out or pot-luck or whatever) is also fun.

And for people (not those here) but those that wander in to the store, and look on in amazement at people actually gaming with other people at the same table, is very sad to me.

Comment

I only know of one true "game" store around here now and its a dark, scary place full of the kind of nerd that instills irrationally fear in the opposite sex by their mere presence.

There use to be an awesome one down at the Quay that had all sorts of cool stuff but its gone now ;/

There's a Game's workshop of course but I don't care much for them.

Quoth Jacen View Post
                    That and the male characters in WoW are... over exagerated. And it's 80 levels now, as of this christmas with luck.
                    I know, even me who does not normally worship at the Altar of Mangina had to go with a female mage after being turned off by the male characters that seemed aimed directly at 9 year olds. Least till Blood Elves came out. I could bear them to a degree.

I don't play anymore though. I loath WoW and Blizzard after playing both for a while. WoW is the McDonald's of mmos ><

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                      I only know of one true "game" store around here now and its a dark, scary place full of the kind of nerd that instills irrationally fear in the opposite sex by their mere presence.
                      Well, I'll tell you why it does. Whenever a girl goes in there, she gets *STARED* at. Yes, just like that. Yes, I know from personal experience. There was a shop like that in my bf's hometown. I was incredibly uncomfortable the entire time I was in there. The one near me is not like that at all, thank goodness.

WoW is the McDonald's of mmos ><
                      BLASPHEMER!!!!

I've found that most female toons in WoW are played by guys. Most chicks can't stand the immature little brats that hit on the female chars and roll males. I can't stand the way the males look, so I rolled all females. I don't really party with any pugs, so any flirtatiousness is by people I tend to have some knowledge of. Which generally makes it ok since I like the peeps in my guild.
                      Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                      Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                      The Office

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                        I gave pretty much the same answer when someone asked why I only played female Guild Wars characters. One time I freaked someone out by saying they screamed prettier, but people started to stare at that point.

Rapscallion

Comment

I know, even me who does not normally worship at the Altar of Mangina had to go with a female mage after being turned off by the male characters that seemed aimed directly at 9 year olds. Least till Blood Elves came out. I could bear them to a degree.

I don't play anymore though. I loath WoW and Blizzard after playing both for a while. WoW is the McDonald's of mmos ><
                          I have a male BE char, but the rest of my chars in WoW are female cause the males are... yeah..

Star Wars Galaxies however has male characters that are not exagerated... Probably cause it's a scifi game, not fantasy.

One time I freaked someone out by saying they screamed prettier, but people started to stare at that point.
                          Hmm... screamed prettier? Ooookay...

I've found that most female toons in WoW are played by guys.
                          90% of MMO players are 12 year old boys (or below). ANd 99% of statistics are made up on the spot.

BTW @Op: I agree with the customers that in order to call yourself a games store, you need to sell all kinds of games (not every game ever through as thats impossible)... but you won't be out of bussiness in a year... SCs these days... lol

EDIT: Oh and I don't mind male tauren either.

I will concede and see the appeal of computer gaming. However, the intimacy of having your friends in the same room, laughing and talking with you, that is what I'm after. That's what I crave and enjoy. Stopping to have dinner (either take-out or pot-luck or whatever) is also fun.
                          And the thrill of fighting someone you don't know is gone
                          Last edited by Jacen; 11-23-2007, 06:12 PM.
                          MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                            I have a male BE char, but the rest of my chars in WoW are female cause the males are... yeah..
                            It's ok, They're feminine enough to be female, lol.
                            Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                            Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                            The Office

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                              90% of MMO players are 12 year old boys (or below). ANd 99% of statistics are made up on the spot.
                              WoW's demographic is really weird. An extremely wide variety of people play it ( McDonalds ) but a SHITLOAD of little bastard kids play it too and they make it extremely painful for everyone else. Unless you turn off every single public channel you will at some point log off in a murderous rage. Also, never group, ever. Because you will at some point log off in a murderous rage. Never PvP either, because you will at some point log off in a murderous rage. Same with raiding. Murderous rage.

For other mmos there's actually quite a large portion of female players. But it depends on the mmo. Generally the less the mmo caters to the 12 year old shitlings ( WoW ) and the more it caters to teamwork/social aspects the higher the percentage of female players. Female players as a whole also tend to be older as the majority of teenage players are male.

The less slutty the game the more female players it seems to have too. =p ( DaoC and EQ2 for example. ). DaoC has to be the least slutfestish mmo on the market. Women actually wear ARMOUR in it. There aren't even any skimpy social clothes you can throw on them.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                                For other mmos there's actually quite a large portion of female players. But it depends on the mmo. Generally the less the mmo caters to the 12 year old shitlings ( WoW ) and the more it caters to teamwork/social aspects the higher the percentage of female players. Female players as a whole also tend to be older as the majority of teenage players are male.

The less slutty the game the more female players it seems to have too. =p ( DaoC and EQ2 for example. ). DaoC has to be the least slutfestish mmo on the market. Women actually wear ARMOUR in it. There aren't even any skimpy social clothes you can throw on them.
                                Age of Conan is going to be an interesting dichotomy, then. It's, supposedly, extremely focused on team/group tactics, strategy, etc, and yet... it's CONAN. Even the guys are wearing leather loin-cloths and body oil in that one.
                                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                                X