This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Witch of Endor View Post
    Oh, here's another one -- some of the Eurocent coins are close enough in size and colour to Canadian pennies that they turn up occasionally in change.

I also just remembered a story I read when I was little, in Reader's Digest. It was submitted to one of their real-life-funny columns. This Canadian couple had been on vacation in Egypt. A restaurant in Cairo had a glass case displaying specimens of foreign paper currency which had been used to pay for meals there. The tourists reported that they couldn't see any Canadian money in the collection, but there was some Canadian Tire money.
    Wow.... LMAO did they tell the restaurant?
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

And for a variation on the topic:

Got my first presidential dollar coin yesterday. Interesting design. Foreigners can't complain about not having the value clearly on the coin. Biziarre looking for the date on the edge of the coin.

But this should be interesting for collecting purposes. People willing to pay for Georges, Abes, and Franklins, but not being able to give away a Grover for a buck.

Comment

A few months back I had a customer pay with a 50 cent coin.

The Bank of Canada did at one time make 50 cent coins, but they haven't been in circulation in I think over 40 years now.

I've also had a few caribbean coins sneak into my change (many coins from those regions are similar in size and color to dimes, nickels, etc.)

Comment

Working...
        X