Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A reasonably common surname in Finland is Ruotsalainen. It literally means "Swedish".

Comment

When I was at the shopping channel, I had a customer named Melester. I called her ma'am during the course of the call.

I once found a customer-legit-named Bruce Wayne. I can only think he was born before 1939 or his parents never heard of Batman.

This one gave me pause...a legit shopper with the last name of Hitler. I would hope that this was someone who had the name before the 30s. And I wonder why someone sane would keep that name all these years. Some names live forever in infamy.
      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Luv Seamon
        Richard Head

And for the holidays: Mary Chris Smith
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Dick Head. Security director at a bank.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My company has a client named Marek, which always makes me think of Marik from Yu Gi Oh. Or rather Marik from Yu Gi Oh the Abridged Series. XD

I can't remember what the last name was, but I went to the bank for Bossman, and the teller had an interesting surname so I asked her how to pronunce it. Almost got it right by guessing, and nailed it after she said it for me.

Then she asked if I was Polish. *snicker*
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              Dick Trickle.

I kid you not. He's a racecar driver.

A couple that got married hyphenated their last names. It wound up as Mr & Mrs Hardy-Harr.
              ive heard of dick trickle, and he was old it made it more funny to me

Comment

One of my friends was going to be getting married. His fiancee didn't like his name and was trying to get him to take her name instead, so he would be Richard Simmons. It ended up not working out, though, so that's not an issue anymore.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

One last name that stands out is a guy whose last name is Fagg.

The reason it stood out to me is not so much the name, but that he was friendly and cheerful. I mean how do you have an unfortunate last name like that and still manage to be pleasant.
                  Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                    Did he ever make the rank of major?

Rapscallion
                    Maybe. First he'd have to go through officer training, then go up the ladder from second lieutenant... "saying this as straight-faced and deadpan as Ben Stein"
                    Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

There was a girl who I worked with briefly whose last name was Colon. It was supposed to be pronounced like the word "cologne" but nobody said it right the first time. She was engaged to a guy whose last name was Slaughter. When she gave out the wedding invitations, it was to "the Colon-Slaughter wedding." -.-

Comment

I know of a couple that combined their last names.

They were known as "Mr. & Mrs Graf von Bremen"

This would translate to Arl of Bremen (Bremen is a city in Germany)
                        http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                        Melody Gardot

Comment

Once at work I glanced at some paperwork with a customer's name. I thought the last name was 'Mammon' (it wasn't, when I looked again I saw my mistake).

It would have been awesome if it was though, since she was ordering books for a Catholic school.
                          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Let's see now...we've had a few interesting ones at work...

One company we sometimes deal with has a trader named Richard Small. For some reason, he chooses to go by "Dick" One of our former interns had the last name of "Rambo." I'm sure the jokes got awfully tiring after awhile.
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
                              There was a girl who I worked with briefly whose last name was Colon. It was supposed to be pronounced like the word "cologne" but nobody said it right the first time. She was engaged to a guy whose last name was Slaughter. When she gave out the wedding invitations, it was to "the Colon-Slaughter wedding." -.-
                              hopefully she wasn't anal about takingher husband's last name.

And as an aside, I knew of a fellow classmate in High School named Michael (went by Mike) Hunt... wonder how his parents lost that bet to this day.

Comment

Here are two names:

Harry Pusey

Rich Vagin
                                Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                                X