Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i once met a guy in the navy...he was a seaman. last name? catcher. seaman catcher.

i also knew a family with the last name of green. the parents named their son forest and their daughter kelly.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

I know people with the last name Horny. Fun times with that one.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        Dick Trickle.

I kid you not. He's a racecar driver.
        And he is a legend on the short track circuit up here. I believe he is from Wisconsin Rapids.

Quoth EvilEmpryss
        Richard Head
        When I used to go to the dirt track Saturday nights with my dad, one of the race car drivers there was named Richard Hed.

He had a relative named Rick Hed. He made a wise choice in picking his first name.

Also, locally there was once a candidate for some local office named Paul Nus. He made a wise decision to not go by his first initial.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've come across a few. These are the ones that stand out:

Phuc Yu
          Steve Martin
          Michael (Don't call me Mike) Hunt
          John Doe
          Jim Morrison

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
            Michael (Don't call me Mike) Hunt
            That's the name of one of the sports columnists for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

It's kinda hard for me to read his stuff while keeping a straight face.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth RavenStarr View Post
              One last name that stands out is a guy whose last name is Fagg.

The reason it stood out to me is not so much the name, but that he was friendly and cheerful. I mean how do you have an unfortunate last name like that and still manage to be pleasant.
              Coworker knew a girl from that family... named Gaye.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
                I got a phone call with someone who's last name was Buttram. I swear.
                knew a guy in the military with that last name.
                it was actually pronounced more like but-trum
                but the guys liked calling him BUTT RAM of course

Comment

Lear (as in the Jets, can't remember his first name) named his daughter Shanda.

And my sister's ex-husband's sister's husband (don't even try to figure that one out, LOL) was named Joseph J. Joseph - and no points for guessing the middle name either (he once had directory assistance hang up on him as a prank call when he tried to get their new number, lol).

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

A pair of sisters: Their names were Latrine and Bonnaca.
                    Had another: "Nosmo king." - Named after a No Smoking sign.
                    Went to school with a guy whose last name is Butt.
                    Also went to school with a guy whose last name was Joey Buttafuco.
                    Also knew a "Nina Melina."
                    Met a "Pat Patt" where I work.
                    SC: "Are you new or something?"
                    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Went to college with someone who had the last name "Lusty".

My favourite last name was a Mr. Oo. Which I think is very cool, except that his initial was L (and I really hope his wife and daughters weren't Ps).

I recently saw someone with the first name Captain. Mr Captain Lastname...

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        Also, locally there was once a candidate for some local office named Paul Nus. He made a wise decision to not go by his first initial.
                        Good thing his name didn't begin with an A, either.

Regarding the "I heard about this one" stuff, read these first before passing them on:

http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.asp
                        http://snopes.com/racial/language/le-a.asp

The legend of Nosmo King has been passed around as a friend-of-a-friend story for a long time, although it has been used as a stage name.

I have never personally run into any really awful or funny names. Nothing contrived, either. I do keep running across people whose last name is Butt. Most of them are Pakistani, but not all.

Comment

We've also got a client named Pratt.

And believe me, he is.
                          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I know a guy named Phil Burt.

He's a bit nuts...
                            No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

I have a friend with the last name of 'Dyke.'

His mother was trying to return something at a store where she had to give her name for the return. When she gave her name as Mrs. Dyke the employee gave her a really snotty 'what a coincidence I'm Mrs. Lesbian!' comment.

Yeah, his mom got a LOT of free stuff out of that!
                              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
                                I do keep running across people whose last name is Butt. Most of them are Pakistani, but not all.
                                I have a couple of Pakistani customers called Butt. It must be a relatively common name there. I have to say the only thing that makes me notice it normally is that it sounds very unPakistani to my ears - except for one customer who has a first name that makes it sound a bit silly. Can't really throw full names around.

I love Sri Lankan lastnames. And some South-Indian ones which can be similar. They are just really really really long. If I'm writing on a file and I run out of space just from the name I guess the person is from Sri Lanka or South India, and everytime I've checked I've been right. Not so good when you have to leave phone messages for people - though other than length it's normally pretty easy to work out pronunciation.

Victoria J

Comment

Working...
                                X