This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Plaidman View Post

Others might be hiding out from abusive relation, and was worried about their pet fish.
    the now exhusband of my friend A. put her breeder cockatiels in the freezer when she went to visit her mother in the hospital [really did visit her mom in hospital] and used that as an excuse to move out on him. If it had been expensive fish he probably would have flushed them down the toilet.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I miss my fishies. Even though they lived in a 10-gallon tank at my mother's, I no longer have them. They all died, and the tank was put into storage. Still, I'd like another one at my place. As for the kitties, I've only had them in the car once--the day I brought them home from the shelter. They didn't mind the car ride, but cried after they were inside the carriers. Kitty, on the other hand, *hated* being inside his carrier. He knew, that if he was in there...he was probably going to the vet. He'd fight, scratch me, etc. If he was really upset, he'd take a dump in there.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

In response to AccountingDrone, and the story of the birds in the freezer... it breaks my heart when people are unncessarily cruel to any creature, animal, child, adult. Especially when something is fairly powerless. A man vs cockateil? no contest unfortunately.
        I find behaviour like that is very revealing, your friend is better off without him.
        I understand not everyone is as attached to animals or pets as myself, but cruelty like that is unexcusable!

Comment

You know, there are seeing-eye miniature horses. Imagine seeing someone walking into a hotel/motel with one of those! Heeheehee.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            You know, there are seeing-eye miniature horses. Imagine seeing someone walking into a hotel/motel with one of those! Heeheehee.
            Indeed... They wear little sneakers on their hooves to keep from damaging floors.
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth shadowpanda View Post
              In response to AccountingDrone, and the story of the birds in the freezer... it breaks my heart when people are unncessarily cruel to any creature, animal, child, adult. Especially when something is fairly powerless. A man vs cockateil? no contest unfortunately.
              I find behaviour like that is very revealing, your friend is better off without him.
              I understand not everyone is as attached to animals or pets as myself, but cruelty like that is unexcusable!
              He was doing it deliberately to be cruel.

The reason for the divorce really takes the cake - a couple of guys at work got him a hooker/stripper for his birthday. He refused to get any sort of STD testing and was rather insistent on getting laid. She refused until he got tested. Then she came up to visit her family [they lived in FL, her family is all up in CT] and he killed her birds and told her on the phone. She figured he was jerking her chain, so she had a neighbor with a copy of the keys sneak in when he was at work and she confirmed all 20 or so of the teils were in the freezer. [She bred and hand raised them, and they sold to pet stores for quite a good price. I personally would have sold them and kept the money as revenge] She moved in with Rob and I with her kid and 6 months later after she had residency again she filed for divorce.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Wow.

I don't know what else to say. What an awful situation

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  The reason for the divorce really takes the cake - a couple of guys at work got him a hooker/stripper for his birthday. He refused to get any sort of STD testing and was rather insistent on getting laid. She refused until he got tested. Then she came up to visit her family [they lived in FL, her family is all up in CT] and he killed her birds and told her on the phone. She figured he was jerking her chain, so she had a neighbor with a copy of the keys sneak in when he was at work and she confirmed all 20 or so of the teils were in the freezer.
                  Does this story have a happy ending? Is it too much to wish that this man is paying his child support while in jail for animal cruelty and treating a nasty STD?

Comment

They have to be kept separate. They fight, otherwise.
                    though i think that's just the males no?
                    i mean otherwise how would you ever mate the fish?

and omg.. .i hope she sued him for that as well
                    i mean it won't bring them back but... it could fuck him over.
                    especially since that could be an arrestable offense... not only being animal abuse, but also killing a family member (since they were pets) and it can be taken as a threatening gesture (like he's saying as easily as i kill your pets i can kill you too) etc.

she could have his balls over a grill for that
                    Last edited by PepperElf; 11-13-2010, 01:47 AM.

Comment

People can do that to animals? I'm so disgusted! I'd never hurt my kitty that way.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        Yes, it's just the male Betas that have to be kept separate. Most pet stores only sell the males, though, because the females aren't as decorative.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                          Does this story have a happy ending? Is it too much to wish that this man is paying his child support while in jail for animal cruelty and treating a nasty STD?
                          She is happily divorced and remarried [she emigrated to Australia to be with the new hubby] and luckily the guy wasn't the father of her son so there wasn't any messy custody crap to go on. She opted for fast and dirty divorce to get it over with. She considers it a happy ending.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            I had a pair of bettas I tried to breed once, and the female killed the male. Must not have been in the mood or something. We named her Domina (she was also white with black fins so it was kid-friendly) and she lived by herself. She did eventually breed with a different male, but we didn't separate them quickly enough and she killed him too.

My brother just dropped his lizard off at our house for the winter. Mum is super excited to be babysitting...but in a month or so I'll have to take care of Bugaboo or mum will kill her... It happens here a lot.
                            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                            http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
                            X