This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's this for timing?

so I mentioned in another thread that I may be getting supervisor trained (after THREE YEARS!). The reason behind this stems from the manager above mine wondering why my manager hadn't given me numbers yet even though I'm sometimes left in charge.

The other day I got an email from another place I had put out an application for. I won't give much away, except it's an arcade. I'm hoping that it'll allow two things for me: either a) I'll get the quieter shifts, or b) I'll get the busier shifts so my mind doesn't wander back to the negatives. what this job WILL allow for is for me to do various jobs as a distraction.

The email was asking for a one-on-one interview. Unfortunately I had a shift scheduled at that time. So hoping and praying that they might make an exception (I did explain my circumstances and I had already put in the application that I'd need three weeks notice to start), I sent off an email asking if there was another option.

I got an email back TODAY asking when I was free.

So I have an interview on Friday morning. One-on-one.

Talk about your timing.

(if they offer me the job, I am still going to take it)

Now the only question is-What the hell do I wear?!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Something nice but not too overly dressy. Any nice pant suits that you would consider wearing to a mall as well?

Comment

Arcade.....slutty video game shirt.

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
        Arcade.....slutty video game shirt.

I've got a rough idea. I'm a big fan of kimono-style tops, or tops with a tie around the back. If I wore one of these with my work pants and shoes....?

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

I've got a rough idea. I'm a big fan of kimono-style tops, or tops with a tie around the back. If I wore one of these with my work pants and shoes....?
          Thatll do as well :P

Comment

Well according to the invite for the event, the attire was smart casual. So I'm hoping this will count. Hair's just going to be in a ponytail with a hairband.

Comment

Rule of thumb: Dress how you will while working.

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
                In that case I go more practical than anything. That is, I'm clean, my hair is usually up in a ponytail (OHS reasons), I don't wear fake nails (don't see the point), I might wear a bit of nail polish but it's a decent colour, not some horrible bright/neon colour.

I need to buy new shoes, and I usually wear a necklace but it's subtle, not gigantic and chunky.

Comment

Make sure it fits. Nothing looks more awkward than clothes that don't fit.
                  Best of luck!
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                    In that case I go more practical than anything. That is, I'm clean, my hair is usually up in a ponytail (OHS reasons), I don't wear fake nails (don't see the point), I might wear a bit of nail polish but it's a decent colour, not some horrible bright/neon colour.

I need to buy new shoes, and I usually wear a necklace but it's subtle, not gigantic and chunky.
                    Thats good, gives them the view of you as theyll see you every day.

When i apply for car sales, ill wear a suit/tie clean up my goatee and do my hair.

When i apply for welding jobs, i try not to stink to high heaven, and wear my coveralls/dirty work clothes

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
                      Actually, you usually want to step it up a notch for the interview, and err on the conservative side.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I always (& taught my kids) to dress a little above the work dress code when possible for the interview. However, make sure you have comfortable shoes and if the job requires physical work that they may ask you to show you can handle, make sure you can handle it in the clothes you are wearing.

Comment

Hey....i voted slutty video game shirt. I say thats a 100% guarantee.

Comment

Actually, this is scary: this is the THIRD time I've gone for this job.

First time I was turned down-not sure.
                            second time-probably due to my restrictive schedule.

There are three factors that are playing into my favour now:

1) The fact that I can drive (the arcade closes at 11pm most nights)
                            2) The fact that I know my schedule two weeks in advance and I also have one guaranteed free day off a week.
                            3) The fact that my general availability is day shifts, means that unlike any high school kid, I am able to do more.

The only caveat is the medication I take, which I might explain about in the interview. Work doesn't know what I take the meds for at the moment (with the exception of my manager and 2IC) they just know that if I ever work anytime earlier than 10am, I need to be off the floor at 10am for about 5 minutes so I can take said meds.

Comment

Working...
                            X