This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huh....small world...

As I have mentioned i used to work at a hobby shop. One of e guys I used to work with makes custom HO scale trucks with various company logos on them, and I used to custom make the decals for them. One of the guys he did trucks for was a regular customer at the shop.

Currently, I am working for a company that does copy and mailroom work for other companies. I go around from facility to facility as needed. This week and next I'm at the corporate offices of "First Uniform."

Now, Im not the one who has to do this, but the person who opens up the mailroom each morning has to take a small bundle of Wall Street Journals and it her newspapers and bring them up to the executive offices. There's a list on the white board telling them which office gets which paper.

I was looking at this list and the first name was the same name asnthe aforementioned regular from the hobby shop. I asked who he was and it turns out that he's the CEO of "First Uniform!"

I confirmed via a text message to a former colleague that they were one and the same.

So it turns out that I sort of know the CEO of one of the companies my new company works with. And I've done custom decal work for him. Imagine that.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Funny coincidence. Could be useful down the road!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Of course I'm dying to know the real name of the company.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That definitely works in your favor Dave! You'll be surprised who you will run into in your travels.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Of course I'm dying to know the real name of the company.
          We can't say which companies specifically we work with (confidentiality).. heck we can't even tell our customers who our other customers are!

All I have to say.. is that we work with companies big and small... and some of them are MASSIVE!

Comment

Working...
          X