This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• might be fired

So I think the hotel might be letting me go. I am only there part time but quite worried as I just bought a house. I noticed they did not put me on the next cycle of two weeks and then I got an email asking when is a good time for a meeting.

I recently gave the manager a heads up that I might be a little a more stressed due to some personal issues but told her I am working on them and leaving them at the door.

Anyways now I am more stressed and the waiting until the meeting is the worst part.

Oh dear...I hope it's not that. Good luck! Let us know what happens!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

thanks mooncat and all. sorry for dumping, just needed to vent. I will let you guys know.

Comment

I'm crossing my fingers for ya.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

You're not "dumping" at all, we're here to listen and help.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Exactly, blas. Here's to hoping you get a promotion instead!
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

ok, so the manager wants to meet with me tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck and remember to update.

Comment

And remember to breathe. Positive thoughts.
                  Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

So meeting took half an hour. Turns out the front desk manager I was supposed to meet with no longer works for the hotel as of yesterday...very sudden change . So I meet with GM.

He just noticed I was bit stressed lately and wanted to ask if everything was ok and that once or twice when co-workers were giving me info or feedback I was bit tense or negative about it and to make me aware, to keep an eye on it. He said it was unlike me and I am a very hard worker and my cx service is excellent, and work well my co-workers.

He asked if anything was going on so, I reminded him that I had multiple personal issues going on and was working on them, seeing someone about it and leaving them at the door. I had previously mentioned them as I felt it best he knows.

Comment

i think he was stepping out of his boss role and entering a friend/listening ears mode. one of the signs of a good boss

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                        i think he was stepping out of his boss role and entering a friend/listening ears mode. one of the signs of a good boss
                        Thanks, ya good point. And after all it is his job to point something out if he has a concern.

Comment

Quoth 50 mission cap View Post
                          So meeting took half an hour. Turns out the front desk manager I was supposed to meet with no longer works for the hotel as of yesterday...very sudden change . So I meet with GM.

He just noticed I was bit stressed lately and wanted to ask if everything was ok and that once or twice when co-workers were giving me info or feedback I was bit tense or negative about it and to make me aware, to keep an eye on it. He said it was unlike me and I am a very hard worker and my cx service is excellent, and work well my co-workers.

He asked if anything was going on so, I reminded him that I had multiple personal issues going on and was working on them, seeing someone about it and leaving them at the door. I had previously mentioned them as I felt it best he knows.
                          Doesn't sound too bad. At least he mentioned you're a good worker. I can understand about having personal issues going on and how sometimes it can be hard to put them aside.

Remember we're always here to vent to!
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The complete opposite of what you were thinking. You are a good worker, they want you to stay and they are concerned about you. That my friend is the Hat Trick.
                            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                            Save the Ales!
                            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yay!!! Now, remember to document your good days/ things that you've noticed to help company/ any compliments or times you come through for people.

That way you have any kind of ammo to CYA. Also, write down what your boss said. Take that to the shrink, and go over it.
                              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                              X