This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President's office guest: "Someone should be inside the booth at all times"

Ever since I have been working at the university as the Visitor parking attendant no one has ever came down to the booth to relieve me for a break while I went to the bathroom. No employee working for the parking company has ever done this, no employee from Community Relations/Visitor parking has ever done this when that dept. was over Visitor parking, & no-one from the Parking office has. This is not a problem when the garage is not closed for events, but it has been a problem when it was closed for events. So that is why "Andrea", the Parking office manager, had 2 laminated signs made stating that the Visitor parking attendant is currently away from the booth, she will return soon, & for immediate assistance call the Parking office at...

Visitor parking was closed today for an all day event sponsored by the President's office. According to the Outlook calendar entry for that event, the President's office purchased tokens for their guests to exit. I have to call the Parking office whenever I go on a break, which I did today. I also have to post the 2 signs when the garage is reserved, which I did. And I have to raise both gates at the Visitor parking booth, which I did.

I saw a car parked next to the Visitor parking booth when I got break from the bathroom. No one was sitting in the car. As I was walking towards the door to the booth one of the President's office guests walked up to me. Here is what happened. My thoughts are in italics.

guest: "Hi, there really needs to be someone inside the booth when you are away. I did not get a token to exit, & I had a problem getting out."

But the President's office bought tokens & so I do not know why you do not have one. Plus your car is parked next to the Visitor parking booth, & so you were able to exit.

me: "I'm sorry, but that is why there are 2 signs posted at the 2 windows stating to call the Parking office along with their number when there are problems."

guest: "I was eventually able to exit, but I had a problem. Someone really needs to be inside the booth at all times, especially when it is busy like today."

me: "I'm sorry, but I am the only one here."

guest: "I called the number on that sign, & I was able to exit, but someone really needs to be inside the booth at all times. Other guests here for the event could not enter the garage. I had to call the Parking office for them to get in."

So the guests were able to enter the garage.

me: "I will let the Parking office know that."

That is why "Andrea" had those 2 signs made. I let the Parking office know what the guest said, & I also let them know that I posted the 2 signs. It is up to "Andrea" what happens when the President's office has another all day event. The next time there is an all day event I will ask them "does someone have to relieve me when I take a break?"
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 11-17-2010, 11:21 PM.

That guest was a broken record!

It's insane, how difficult it is to get even a bathroom break at work these days.
    Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

"does someone have to relieve me when I take a break?"

That might be the answer.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I want to take people like that and stick them somewhere for 8 hours solid alone, with no one to relieve them for ANYTHING and then tell them that someone has to be there at all times so tough it out.

sheesh.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I feel your pain. On swing shift, I'm the only one at the motel, and sometimes I have to lock up the office and leave to help guests who can't get into their room/can't work the TV/grab extra towels and pillows/tell guests to shut up/etc.

90% of the time, there's no one waiting for me when I return, the remaining 7% of the time the guests are cool, but then there's that 3% who whine "I've been waiting forever! Why weren't you here?!?!" (I was gone for 2 minutes and I saw you pull up as I was on my way to return so BS!)
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

sometimes dontcha wish you could just tell them...

"if someone isn't here you call that number. that's what the sign says and you obviously got in. now i understand you still think someone needs to be here despite your ability to call the office but until you can find a way to stand here for x hours straight without going to the potty please tell me. otherwise, good day."

Comment

Working...
            X