This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake ID

Had this REALLY young looking guy come in last week. Never seen him before, looked about 16-17. He brought a 12 pack of Bud to the counter. I asked him for ID. He gave it to me. It wasn't a Virginia ID, but I have seen a lot of other states because I'm right by the Navy base. Can't remember what state it was. Now, this guy looked like he didn't even shave yet and had braces. They don't really mean much because I've had friends that got them as adults. But still....I looked at the card VERY closely, it said he was 21. Something in my head said to deny the sale. I said something about the card to him but I sold him the beer. I thought about it all night and wondered if it was a sting. This past Saturday he came back. More Bud. When he came to the counter he said "Hey, remember me?" I said I did and told him I wasn't going to sell him the beer. He asked why. I told him I didn't believe he was 21, even with ID. He didn't say a word, turned around and walked out. In my experience, if someone really was 21 they would have raised holy hell and caused a scene. He didn't. So I'm pretty sure it was a fake ID. You can order them on line very easily. I guess he thought since it was a small store it would be a good place to try it out. It was very new-looking. I don't think he'll be back.
    USN Retired

It's ok, stickycoins.

I was interested in a guy a few months ago, when I still worked at the gas station. He came in nearly every day, and unlike most people, I remembered him easily, so I quit carding him ages ago. (he'd been coming in since practically when I was hired a year ago)

Well, we were chit chatting on the phone, and he goes, "I have a confession to make. You sold to me when I was underage."

I'm like "HUH?!"

Turns out, all that time ago, he'd been using his older brother's ID. It looked exactly like him.

He didn't actually turn 21 until last January or February. I was pissed. I thought I was better than that at finding fakes.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

One of the gas stations I used to work at actually had a book that showed the current valid IDs for all 50 states and any IDs that were older but could still be within the valid range. It was quite handy. Each picture had a list of various features to look for, like holograms or ghost photo images, etc.
      "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

I've used one before *cough* and I can tell you from experience that it is best to use one from another state. Most people around here dont care though as long you show them something.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

I am getting one soon, to go to some places and actually have fun
          Happily free of Kwik Trip!

Comment

Quoth blas87
            Turns out, all that time ago, he'd been using his older brother's ID. It looked exactly like him.

He didn't actually turn 21 until last January or February. I was pissed. I thought I was better than that at finding fakes.
            Technically, it wasn't a fake - it was his brother's (presumably genuine) ID. Maybe you could be criticised for not spotting that the photo wasn't of the same guy, but a lot of brothers look VERY alike, so not too tough to miss.
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

I've never had anyone try me with a fake ID, most of the underage people who try to buy alcohol seem to think that just saying they're 18 works just as well. Funnily enough, it doesn't work.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer
                I've never had anyone try me with a fake ID, most of the underage people who try to buy alcohol seem to think that just saying they're 18 works just as well. Funnily enough, it doesn't work.
                Frankly I think it should. If they are old enough to join the service and fight, bleed, and die for this country, they should be old enough to enjoy a cold one.

Just my 2 centi-credit's worth

Mongo
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Not disagreeing with you; I started drinking beer at the age of 13. However, while it's still illegal and I could face a police caution and 5 grand fine for doing it, no chance.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire
                    If they are old enough to join the service and fight, bleed, and die for this country, they should be old enough to enjoy a cold one.
                    But the point is, most of them are lying about their age ! Therefore they are not old enough to do all those noble things (and as it happens, i agree with your general sentiment). BTW, garrison towns are the EASIEST to get served in underage. Yes, Aldershot, I am looking at YOU.
                    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                    - Dave Barry

Comment

I had just moved to California from South Dakota and hadn't yet gotten a California drivers license.

I went to buy wine and the cashier refused the sale saying my ID was fake! My South Dakota drivers license with a hologram of Mt. Rushmore on it, which back then would have been darn near impossible to fake.

She sold it to my now husband, then boyfriend when he offered to buy it for me though.
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Nick
                        I am getting one soon, to go to some places and actually have fun
                        Don't even THINK ABOUT IT ya butthead.

Quoth Misanthropica
                        She sold it to my now husband, then boyfriend when he offered to buy it for me though.
                        See, at Plaid Pantry we can't allow two party sales, but I'm pretty good at spotting fakes since I've read the 50 state and out of country id card manuals pretty intestly.

On topic, I've had fake ID's, Fake passports. Caught all of them. (I hope...)
                        My favorite two was the girl who's ID said she was 7 feet tall and male, and the dude who's face didn't match the ID and didn't remember his birthday.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth blas87
                          It's ok, stickycoins.

I was interested in a guy a few months ago, when I still worked at the gas station. He came in nearly every day, and unlike most people, I remembered him easily, so I quit carding him ages ago. (he'd been coming in since practically when I was hired a year ago)

Well, we were chit chatting on the phone, and he goes, "I have a confession to make. You sold to me when I was underage."

I'm like "HUH?!"

Blas don't worry about that, it's because of people like him that my BIL couldn't get into a club in Philadelphia. They are identical twins and since me and my husband went it first while they were trying to find a parking spot (and my husband used his military ID) they refused admission to my BIL, because my husband must have given his license to his younger brother.

(We did end up straightening everything out with my husband showing his own DL.)

Comment

Quoth Plaidman
                            My favorite two was the girl who's ID said she was 7 feet tall and male, and the dude who's face didn't match the ID and didn't remember his birthday.
                            I'm told that asking them what star sign they are is good for a laugh.

Rapscallion

Comment

sigh.. why do many people view fake id's as being ok? i dont get it... it gives teens and underage people in general a bad rep as just drinking all the time and not caring about the law and we're expected to drink underage now even if we dont want to... its so annoying i hate fake ids

Comment

Working...
                              X