This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Day of Reflection" BS

So, I got quasi-fired by my main job. I have 24 hours to decide if I want to come back. If I do, I have to come up with an action plan and have HR approve it.

I was already written up for not pressuring customers into getting a store credit card. I was recently spoken to about my failure to make my sales goal (there was no one in my department, and like five employees, no shit I couldn't sell anything).

So, I have a second job that pays less, but I might get promoted in. I hate the job in question. I have no bills/debts/rent what have you. I could get a previous job back fairly easily.

Thoughts?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Even IF u come up with an action plan that's approved by HR, you're going to have a huge target on your back. The slightest mistake & you're outa there!
    I say, ditch the 1st job & keep the 2nd.

Comment

that's what I'm thinking, too.

Comment

our entire staff just got the whole "make sales targets or you will be written up then fired" talk monday morning (GREAT for morale). Mean while it was so slow on the weekend they sent the cashiers home......

yes so easy to make sales when we have 10% of our usual foot traffic...
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Companies like that keep there payroll down by turning employees. They also like to force you to quit. Then they don't have to go through the termination for cause.

On the plus side, you are not lying at the next job interview when you say you quit.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I agree with the above. Keep the 2nd job and search for another, too, after quitting the first. Nothing you do will be right for them; don't kill yourself for it.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah. I'm going to hand in a letter of resignation on my way into other job, and apply around tomorrow morning.

Comment

Really a shame you can't say something clever like, "How about you take a day to reflect just what kind of work morale you're promoting?"
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
                  So, I got quasi-fired by my main job. I have 24 hours to decide if I want to come back. If I do, I have to come up with an action plan and have HR approve it.

I'm pretty sure I know what company this is, and their "punishment via creative writing" is about as ridiculous as they come.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yeah pressuring the sale staff into beyond hard selling customers on shit like that that they really hate is such a way to win hearts all around.
                    I hated S mart for their stupid card selling quota shit - told the manager to sell the damned cards himself, as I was tired of getting all kinds of different flavors of go fuck yourself when I asked...

Comment

I think Sunday was a deciding factor. I was working all day (10:45-7:15) in luggage. My sales goal was 4659.

$4659.00. In luggage. On a Sunday.

I saw five people and sold maybe $850 in luggage.

Comment

It's a trap. Sales are down and they need to lay people off but they don't want them to think they qualify for unemployment.
                        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Wait, they wanted you to sell just over 4.5k worth in luggage in one day? I don't even know what $500 worth of luggage looks like, let alone over four and a half grand.
                          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

$500 would be two of our large American Tourister suitcases at regular retail. Of course, we never sell them at regular retail.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

About 80% would be two complete sets of Travelpro Platinum 7. Which run $300-$700 per piece, and we usually only sell one or two pieces a month.

Comment

Working...
                              X