X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *headdesk*

This week has been crazy.

I've had mom/gma ask me if I want to order toys for Really Big Craft Show this year. (oh hell no!) Also related funny: when I sold wooden shrink wrapped in plastic toys people always assumed that I made them myself. When I have an entire booth full of quilts, they think I'm a reseller. I don't get it.

One of my toy vendors has my personal cell # listed as the store #, which has resulted in 5am black Friday calls for stuff. This week I've had 2 phone calls from people asking for slot car stuff. When I told them both that the store closed in 2005, one asked me "You mean you don't sell it anymore?" "Won't you order something for me?" "Well thanks for nothing!"

And to top it all off, I just got off the phone with the our local Fox affiliate commercial guy. Apparently he just had a great idea for a commercial for us and when I told him we closed in 2005 and I now had a business selling handmade quilts, he said "Well I can't do anything with that!" and hung up on me.

*grumbles and heads to the kitchen for beer and chocolate*
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Quoth Kanalah View Post

he said "Well I can't do anything with that!" and hung up on me.
      Yay?

EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Digging through papers today and found some of the toy store paperwork that wasn't sorted with the others.

These are the totals from the last 9 months of the store, so Jan -Sept 2005.

I spent $9,000 on inventory. $10,000 on utilities and advertising. $20,000 on rent (holy crazy laywer man batman!) and made a little over $7,000 in sales.

And that's why I'm hesitant to have a brick and mortor store again.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• I think you have lots of company there. From the customer's POV, I like to wander and browse, and of course you can't do that in an online store ("clicking" all over the place just isn't the same, LOL). But from the store owner's POV, I can certainly understand why online works better. Don't know about the laws elsewhere, but here, if you use your place of residence to do business, you can get a fair number of tax breaks on basic household expenses. This is why I keep thinking of ways and means of working from home ... though so far I haven't gotten beyond "thinking."

Comment

• Foster moms are real moms.
            Sometimes aunts are real moms.
            Or grandmothers.
            Or godmothers.
            Or family-friend-who-became-guardian.
            And sometimes a neighbour or a family friend or an aunt or someone is more a mom than the genetic mother.

But I'm preaching to the choir.

(oh, and all of this also applies to Dads. Except for the bits about ceasarian and 'natural childbirth' moms.)
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
            X