This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f5 f5 f5 f5 f5
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I'm really getting scared of Seraph now.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Don't worry, kana. She's Mostly Harmless.

Comment

That's the part that frightens me the most.

Comment

Part Eight

Now despite being in one building, each shop was supposed to function as a separate business. We all had to have our own tax number, and we all managed our own sales. Which meant if we made coupons they'd only work for our shop. Really confusing for customers. For sales we were supposed to hang a sign on our door frame, to notify both shoppers and whoever was working that day. There was a noncompetition clause in our leases and we were all expected to play nice. Of course I was playing nice, I was the daughter/granddaughter of owners. Costume jewelry kept getting stolen. The jewelry ladies asked to move. Owners offered to sell them lockable (heavy) cases. Jewelry ladies refused, because it would be really stupid to unlock a case just to dig out a $2.50 plastic ring. So they did the only thing they could: Buy a fake video camera.

Our last open room was rented out - a husband and wife couple who were selling books. After a couple of weeks, they decided that they wanted to order quilts from Pakistan and sell them in their room. I never heard a word of it, just showed up for work one day to see a room full of those plastic zipper bags. Apparently the owners "forgot" all the quilts in my room. Whatever. The first day that the wife worked, she walked in my room and pitched a fit. Word came down from Gma - "How could I be so mean to new people!" Obviously my quilts had to go. Still living in my car, so the only thing to do was to put them on sale and hope to move them.

This was the wrong thing to do, because it infuriated the couple trying to sell Walmart quality quilts for $500.

Comment

Jeez louise, I'm sure they didn't come close to your beautiful works of art, too.

Comment

Oh of course not.

The easiest way to describe them was: Take a wide printed bedsheet. Sew huge stitches with thick thread across the top. Make big knots on the top.

It would turn my stomach to see them. Which explains why I don't do a lot of big box/department store shopping anymore.

Comment

I've just had a look at your blog Kanalah ... OH WOW! And oh WoW as well - I've been playing since Vanilla I remember you posting about a Sighting where someone disbelieved you could quilt an elephant; the proof in your pictures is astonishingly good.

And now we return you to your regular scheduled Seraph-complaining.
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Aww thank you.

Allthought I don't talk a lot about WoW as much as I play it. Need to work on that a bit.

Comment

Part Nine

Remember we had a meeting about shoplifting and having people NOT sit behind the counter all day? Good, I knew you could. Health Issues Lady already didn't like me. Something about not groveling at her feet. Health Issues Lady also had health issues. She would get winded and worn out just walking up the stairs. Yes this whole place was upstairs. So she'd get the place opened up and just sit behind the counter working up her strength for lunch. Then after lunch she'd rest until it was time to walk back downstairs. But of course no one said anything to her because she was one of the owners. So on the days she would work - the store wouldn't get straightened up. Usually this wasn't a problem, but now it was warming up and the kids were starting to get out of school.

Oh yes - now Health Issues Lady was taking her granddaughter to work with her. I've met her and she's a typical 7 year old. But grandma is so worn out from working that she's just sitting behind the counter and feeding her junk food. And I happen to have a room full of toys.

And because I'm such good friends with all the other people there - they make sure the rest of the shop is nice and clean and ignore my room. So when I show up to work it looks like a war zone. Plastic animals thrown everywhere and found in compromising positions on the windowsill. The last couple of stuffed animals put away in another room. Wooden toys opened and laying out all over the place.

It was a couple of months before I figured out that I needed to make sure to work the days after Health Issues Lady in order to have any chance at keeping my store presentable.

Of course this wasn't the only problem that the warm weather brought.
                      Last edited by Kanalah; 05-01-2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Oh jeez, HIL was one of those "stores are here to babysit my gremlins" people. I betcha if it'd been sprung on her, she would've blown a gasket. =/

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                        And now we return you to your regular scheduled Seraph-complaining.
                        /flaiiiils

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          /flaiiiils
                          Now you know what it feels like.

Now, as for you Kanalah...

WUMMANNNNN POST MOAR ELEVENTY!!1
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Part David Tennant is best Doctor

Every spring, Crazy Lady would buy flowers to fill our big planters by the front door. Now since our summers regularly hit 100F, we would have to water these planters twice daily. I honestly didn't mind doing it, because hey, I live in a car. Any excuse for exercise is a good one. Even though it's filling up 4 milk cartons twice a day and hiking stairs. But of course the flowers end up dying. So another monthly meeting is spent yelling at me for the flowers dying. Because "I'm not a girly girl and I hate flowers." Yeah whatever.

I did have a careful talk with Health Issues Lady about her granddaughter and got responses from "She's just a kid, you can't blame her." to "That's just what you have to deal with when you have a toy store!". Later Gma and Mom gave me a lecture because I hurt her feelings and I need to learn to respect my elders. Sigh.

It was then that I started noticing my checks were getting smaller. But when I did inventory I was missing lots of merchandise. Luckily I knew where the daily tickets were stored. I'm glad I did, because I uncovered a conspiracy.

Comment

A conspiracy?!!

I smell some thieving rats...
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I should step in here and say that there were a lot of locked jewelry cases spread around the various rooms. How did they handle it when a different person worked every day?

Did they have labeled cases and keep the labelled keys in a backroom only accessable to staff?

Of course not, that actually makes sense.

No, they tape the keys to the back of the corresponding cases. Usually where they're plainly visable if you're walking around the case.

Clearly I was working with mental giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X