This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kisa View Post
    2) Santa Baby... It's creepy imagining a busty 20 something blonde singing this to a white haired old fat man...
    There go my hopes and dreams....
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      I don't want to jack the other music thread so I'm starting this one. Title is self explanatory:
      is it bad that I pretty much liked your entire list? then again i don't have to work listening to anything like that... so i can understand your hatred of it.

Although I can understand the dislike of "pop covers". I have no desire to listen to any modern pop star belting out their own rendition of a christmas song. Although since you mentioned Groban, i kinda don't think of him as a pop star but as a vocalist*. My own "exceptions" are also from non-pop signers such as country singers Reba & George straight, and prog rock musician Jon Anderson.

still, i hope you retain your sanity during the season.

At <last job> I was rather thankful that I couldn't actually hear the music well. It was playing I think, but the volume was such that I had to strain to hear it.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      Also... anything that Cliff Richard released at Christmas.
      Cliff had a christmas album? *SQUEEE* Sorry, but I'm a fan of "The Young Ones".

vocalist*: the difference being that vocalists still sound good without the pre-production trickery & can carry their voices across a theatre stage if need be.
      Last edited by PepperElf; 11-26-2012, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Pretty much all of them.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I had the joy one Holiday Season to work in a small store that played Trans-Siberian Orchestra The Lost Christmas-Eve. (I was so happy. XD)

I believe that was the only year that I did NOT want to jab my eyes out from hearing the same damn songs again and again. Seriously. We've been recording Christmas music for decades, and writing it for much longer. Why do stores and radio stations feel the need to play the same five or six songs--- oh wait, that's not really a change from the usual is it? -.-;

Pretty much and version of a Christmas Carol or song that the original recording/music was sung, but in the "updated version" it's all crappy, screechy typical pop star BS. HOLD YOUR EFFIN' NOTE YOU JERK. I'm not even trained and I can hold the damn note for a long as the original singer's recording. USE AIR CONTROL. YOU'D SOUND BETTER! >_<

Oh, and don't cheat and instead of holding the single note you start doing that stupid "Ooh-ohoh-ohoh-ohohohoh-ohoho-ohoohh" all over the goddamned place. It sounds bad.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

The many renditions of Rudolph, Jingle Bells. Really?? Do we REALLY need a crapload of the same song?

songs that are "Christmas" or "attempt" to be Christmas songs. Regular sounding songs that add the words Holly, Snowman, Christmas, Jingle. Are NOT Christmas songs. I hate those even worse than the billions of renditions of the same regular Christmas somgs
            NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

There are three days in the year when I can enjoy Christmas music. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and one random day in July. Unless my choir is singing one of the old Christmas songs- the ones in Latin, for instance.

My uncle put on a CD of Barbara Streisand Christmas carols as soon as we finished Thanksgiving dinner. I wanted to cry!

"Jinglebellsjinglebellsjinglealltheway" I swear she doesn't take more than 3 breaths in the entire song!
              Last edited by Ellain; 11-26-2012, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Deck the Halls - This one is so goddamn annoying! If I'm stressed with money problems for buying presents, I really don't want to hear, "Tis the season to be jolly! Fa la la la la la la la la!" Those "Falas" get really annoying in their own right.

I Want A Hippopotamaus For Christmas- Kisa already called out the reasons for my hatred for this one, but I've had my issues with it for years now; ever since I found out how hippos are in nature.
                Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                  I had the joy one Holiday Season to work in a small store that played Trans-Siberian Orchestra The Lost Christmas-Eve. (I was so happy. XD)
                  That's likely the same way I feel about the other similar group Mannheim Steamroller. Their music can easily be used as background music without being as annoying as other songs - especially when stores use limited playlists.

Although when I want Christmas music that really won't feel worn out (and if I'm really not in the mood for Santa & Rudolph etc) that's when I play my "Noel" collection. It's organized separately from my regular Christmas music cos it's Gregorian Chant. Kinda hard for me to get sick of that.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    It's a damn shame, because it's actually a wonderful song, but 'Imagine' by Lennon gets so much overplay; especially at this time of the year.
                    Similarly, so do both the Hallelujah Chorus, and the Leonard Cohen 'Hallelujah'.
                    I'm singing Hallelujah Chorus in my sleep. Pretty sure I no longer need the score at this point. And, yunno, I've sung songs that have higher notes, but I think holding the high notes for so long and needing so much volume for Hallelujah makes it more difficult.

I'ma add Nutcracker music to the list. I danced in a Nutcracker production for more years than I really want to count and we always started rehearsals in August. Yes, August. So hearing Nutcracker music over the PA at the mall makes me want to go on a murderous rampage.
                    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                      I Want A Hippopotamaus For Christmas- Kisa already called out the reasons for my hatred for this one, but I've had my issues with it for years now; ever since I found out how hippos are in nature.
                      Same here. At first, it was just the goofy, high-pitched, nasaly voice that vexed me....until I saw a T.V. special about hippos. Hippos attack people, often killing them by goring them with their tusks. Hipos are huge, dangerous animals that should be left alone, and this dumb girl wants one as a pet. Also, she isn't just asking for one; she's demanding one. She's saying she doesn't want any dumb toys; just a hippo. Spoiled brat.
                      Answers: $1
                      Correct Answers: $2
                      Answers that require thought: $5
                      Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                        Same here. At first, it was just the goofy, high-pitched, nasaly voice that vexed me....until I saw a T.V. special about hippos. Hippos attack people, often killing them by goring them with their tusks. Hipos are huge, dangerous animals that should be left alone, and this dumb girl wants one as a pet. Also, she isn't just asking for one; she's demanding one. She's saying she doesn't want any dumb toys; just a hippo. Spoiled brat.
                        Seriously. Just consult the first entry on this list (warning: contains Cracked) about why hippos are bad fucking news.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                          My personal least favourite is 'Simply having a wonderful Christmas time' by Paul McCartney...
                          Second. I could die happy if I never heard that song again.
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            Followed by that other Weird Al classic, "The Night Santa Went Crazy."

Don't forget the Kevin Bloody Wilson's classic that is VERY NSFW - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cNd2I85Qbo

B
                            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

You wanna wish me what? I'm sorry, could you repeat that another six or seven times? My Spanish is a little rusty.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
                                Don't forget the Kevin Bloody Wilson's classic that is VERY NSFW - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cNd2I85Qbo

B
                                I will never forget the first time I heard that.. I was crying with laughter by the end
                                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                                X