Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit. I would have told him that he'd be too busy pulling it out of his ass for me to ride it. Just. Wow.

Please tell me that you are documenting everything he is saying/doing.

Comment

• Yep. Here and in a notebook. The notebook has more details about who he said it about and such.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• This one made me giggle. One of Goodhair's buddies wanted to cosign for a loan for his daughter so she could buy a used car. No problem. Goodhair has me prepare the documents. (I made sure the only place my name is on any of the documents is as the "document preparer." I want it to be obvious that Goodhair made the lending decision.)

Since I was doing the documents in a hurry, I didn't bother pulling the daughter's credit until after the customers had signed and left. I knew the dad had terrible credit. I didn't expect the daughter to have any credit, but she does. Two student loans which are deferred. She has a better credit score than her dad does!

I could have done this loan based on her credit and income alone. Granted, she doesn't have any assets except for the car she's buying, but I could have used the car as security. Goodhair had me do the loan unsecured as a favor to his buddy.

I bet my coworkers were wondering why I was cackling.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• This guy is the poster child for "Why Banks Fail". There can be no way it doesn't catch up wityh him, but I am worried he will take out everyone around him.

Comment

• Let's see. Authorizing an unsecured loan to a friend's immediate family member. Borrower has virtually no credit history. Co-signer has atrocious credit. What could possibly go wrong?

Could someone introduce Mr. Goodhair to Betty the restauranteur? She definitely needs a loan to keep the place going, and Goodhair would love to bring in some new business.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• For the past week, Goodhair has had a cooler in his office. Not hidden away behind his desk or anything. It's sitting where anybody glancing into his office can see it. One of my coworkers asked if it had his new liver in it (since his is obviously about to fail from his drinking habit). Goodhair claimed that it was full of beer, but I haven't seen him open it.
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                For the past week, Goodhair has had a cooler in his office. Not hidden away behind his desk or anything. It's sitting where anybody glancing into his office can see it. One of my coworkers asked if it had his new liver in it (since his is obviously about to fail from his drinking habit). Goodhair claimed that it was full of beer, but I haven't seen him open it.
                Whatever's in it, it shouldn't be in plain sight - that just smacks of impropriety on so many levels...

Comment

• Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                  This guy is the poster child for "Why Banks Fail". There can be no way it doesn't catch up wityh him, but I am worried he will take out everyone around him.
                  Apparently he's also the poster child for Why Livers Fail.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Maybe he'll get drunk and fired. Being under the influence in a job where you're around customers can't be good.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't that put bank contracts in danger if someone can potentially argue that he couldn't sign the contract due to being under the influence?
                      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Quoth Andrew B. View Post
                        Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't that put bank contracts in danger if someone can potentially argue that he couldn't sign the contract due to being under the influence?
                        This is a most interesting point!

Comment

• Goodhair is either one of those drunks who drinks so often that it's hard to tell when he's actually drunk, or he's careful not to be drunk at work. From the things he's said, I get the impression that he'll get businessmen (or women, but mostly men) to agree to deals at a social event, such as happy hour, and then hammer out the details when everybody's sober. He convinces people that he's their buddy, that he's trustworthy , etc., and that carries over into business dealings. Again, he seems to know where the line is, and he's careful to walk right up to it but not cross it.
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                          X