This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It's not that deep"

The woman who told me this can go fuck off.

My company had decided that rolling out a revamped rewards programs during the holidays was the best idea they've ever had. EVAR!!!

This requires talking to many people a day. As long as everyone's information is fine, it's 20 seconds top to transfer everything. But when it's not, it's not. The worst part of this is requiring an email if you want to redeem your rewards. At this point I'm almost convinced I'm in hell.

I had one woman yesterday proclaim very loudly about all the emails she gets she misses the important emails! Glarbble glarbble!!!!!

Then today I had this gem of a customer, of course it was in the middle of a rush. If the conversation had been clear she would've told me, she wanted to wait to switch over to the new rewards program, she wanted to use a certain amount of rewards and NOT HAVE TO USE CASH (I emphasis this because it bugged me and she kept saying it over and over) and use rewards on another purchase. It did not work out that way. Silly me didn't charge up my psychic skills to know what she wanted.

She was annoyed because I told her the wrong info about using the rewards and I MADE HER USE CASH WHEN SHE DIDN'T WANT TO. I answered the question she asked. She wanted to return the item I forced her to pay cash for and then had to wait 10 minutes because everyone was tied up. My coworker took care of that one right next to me and I had to keep hearing about the wrong rewards info and how she didn't want to pay cash for that purchase.

I was granted the privilege of ringing her up again and then made the mistake of asking and doubling checking to make sure she wanted to use the rewards and that's when this waste of atmosphere said the words that gave me this title.

Before we opened this morning the manager said she wished Christmas was already over and I agreed. Didn't realize how much more I'd agree by the end of the day.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Quoth Trixie View Post
    "It's not that deep"
    "Neither are you, Ma'am."
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

You hear the one about the statistician who drowned in a river?

On average, it was only 2' deep....
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        "Neither are you, Ma'am."
        And we have a winner!
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

My honest reaction would have been a really puzzled "what?"

I've never heard that expression in real life, only seen it as a meme online. And that's not even the right way to use it. Way to fail at trying to put someone down.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            You hear the one about the statistician who drowned in a river?

On average, it was only 2' deep....
            Sounds like a Platte-itude to me.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've learned to ask yes, multiple times when it comes to certain questions. If people use their rewards it's not that easy to get them back. So yeah, I'm gonna ask a couple times to make sure it's what they want to do. Though I don't have a problem calling a manager, it's all on your time. I'm there either way.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
              X