Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well this place is just as I remembered it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this place is just as I remembered it.

Lovely to be back!

I don't know if anybody remembers me at all, but I used to hang out here, like 10 years ago. I was probably invisible most of the time.

Oh, who am I kidding? I know my stories were somewhat popular, mostly because I had an INSANE freaking job which I dealt with by drinking irresponsible amounts of tequila and ranting on these forums.

I still trot out the infamous racist parrot story at parties, and it still gets laughs.

I am now self-employed, working as a copywriter and content marketer. I do have obnoxious customers on occasion, but they are more the "Clients From Hell" type rather than the hilariously low-class and insane type I used to deal with.

The writing practice I got on these forums did inspire me to 1) Go back to school and get a degree in Creative Writing and English, and 2) start studying comedy writing. I plan on moving to Los Angeles in a year, possibly two, to try and find work as a comedy writer.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, because I have fond memories of this place.

HI!!!!!
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Hiii! I just came back today too.
    You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

It's always nice to meet other creative types.
      Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

back!
        Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
        I still trot out the infamous racist parrot story at parties, and it still gets laughs.
        I tried looking that one up, and couldn't find it. Perhaps you could repost it (pretty please!). We have several new members whom I'm sure would love to see it.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Welcome back, both of ye! ^__^ Always good to hear of good professional news and good stories!

Please feel free to PM me or another mod if you have any questions. Just to catch you up:

- We're under new ownership as of a year or so ago. Raps is still around somewhere, though.

- We're on new servers, which should help with the sheer volume of posts in our backlog; as a result of this, the Search system has had its restraints removed, and you can pretty much look back as far as you like to dig up yer old stories, with no more 100-result limit!

- Please take a gander at the site rules subforum when you can; the stickies and most recently-updated threads on there should give you a good idea of what to look out for The rules haven't changed all that much over the years, and still basically boil down to "Don't' be a jerk."
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            back!

I tried looking that one up, and couldn't find it. Perhaps you could repost it (pretty please!). We have several new members whom I'm sure would love to see it.
            Here it is

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
              Here it is
              Thanks! And holy moly, that was one crazy call! Just...wow. Be glad you were on the other end of the phone line and not there in the room with them!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

So we have ThePhoneGoddess and telecom_goddess... can the two entities exist in the same space-time continuum?
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

It's OK, Kit. DGoddessChardonnay is a higher class of entity (known as a Modificus), so she keeps things under control
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                    Here it is
                    Wow!! Just WOW!!
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                    X