Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Guitar (or Bass, or Drums, whatever)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Guitar (or Bass, or Drums, whatever)

A light topic...

What songs can you not resist play Air Guitar (Bass/Drums/Piano/etc.) to?

I ask because I was listening to music on my phone while waiting in line at the bank today and Sugarloaf's "Green Eyed Lady" started playing.

Also, Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" causes several people I know to flail their arms in the air.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

"Bohemian Rhapsody" is a big one
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I remember a few years ago when a street video of some woman dancing at a bus stop went viral. Somebody figured out she was listening to "Dancing Queen".

Comment

"Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida" is *ALWAYS* a good air drumming song.
        "Radar Love" is an air bass song.
        "Lazy" is an air keyboard song.
        "Blues Power" (Live version only) or "Happy" for the air guitar.

Any of them to sing (badly) to at full volume, of course.

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Freebird (naturally)
          Dreams I'll never see (Molly Hatchet version and most OTHER Molly Hatchet songs)
          Ridin' The Storm Out -- REO Speedwagon
          Foot Loose (either version)
          Pick a Led Zepplin song
          Select John Mellencamp/Cougar songs
          Select Peter Frampton songs

and many many others
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

My husband suggested to the owner of one of the second hand shops in our neighborhood to put a sign on the guitar case they were selling "Classing Air Guitar, needs tuning" and a price $5 over what they were asking
            My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
              "Lazy" is an air keyboard song.
              ... "Happy" for the air guitar.
              "Lazy" by Deep Purple?

Which "Happy"?
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

"Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida" is *ALWAYS* a good air drumming song.
                One of my favorite hymns ^__^
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

For some combination of air guitar, air drums, or air conducting:

Status Quo's "Rocking All Over the World"

Phil Collins' "Something In the Air Tonight"

Just about any upbeat Queen or Meatloaf song.

Dexys Midnight Runners' "Come On Eileen"

Pavarotti's version of "Nessun Dorma"

Dolly Parton's "9 to 5"

Duran Duran's "Wild Boys" or "Hungry Like the Wolf"

Why yes, my musical taste is eclectic!
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

The Who "Baba O'Reilly" aka CSI:NY theme song

Comment

Too many to list! But one comes to mind, fairly recent, that was used in the opening to an anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzaW0E7uRwc

Comment

Lately I've been rocking to a lot of Mick Gordon's Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal tracks.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth NCIS4Ever2001 View Post
                          The Who "Baba O'Reilly" aka CSI:NY theme song
                          My favorite version of this was done by the Blue Man Group. The synth part was done with one of their pipe percussion instruments, and the guitar chords were done by BEATING with a SLEDGEHAMMER on the string part of a GRAND PIANO that had been removed from the piano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316HQ3769-s
                          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                          X