No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool, sounds like things are staring to work out.

Comment

• Have to admit there is really nothing to be done about this but ... come the warmer weather, I feel as if I'm back in my parents' house. Cigarette smoke drifting in through my bedroom window, cigarette smoke drifting in under my front door.

Yes, this IS a non-smoking building; however, smokers who lived here prior to the smoking ban are "grandfathered" and allowed to continue smoking in their units (or on their balconies) ... just not in the common areas.

I have virtually no sympathy for those who say they hate the smell of weed ... I'd rather smell that than tobacco any day (and I'm not even a user ....)
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• This comes via my coworker who lives like one street over from me in a big apartment complex. She was late to work this morning, which is very unusual for her... (she would have been leaving before dawn) She comes in and says she walked out her front door, the building has outside hallways, and there was a little boy sitting outside her door crying wearing a blanket and nothing else. He couldn't find his parents/grandparents and couldn't give my coworker any information like if he lived there or names or anything. Obviously she called 911 and stayed with him until help got there.

When we heard this story the most depressing and true statement from another coworker was "he was lucky a good person found him." What a way to start the day. I will be checking the sheriff report to see what happened, if they even say. My complex, by comparison, is pretty quiet. We're almost entirely one bedroom units so very few families with kids to make things loud. Not that other people can't be loud, of course, but for whatever reason this location seems to run to quiet retired folks (who pester the on site property manager until she wants to rip her hair out) or people like myself, who work early in the morning and don't have loud parties or whatever.

ETA: The sheriff's report said "child problem in progress."
        Last edited by notalwaysright; 04-15-2020, 03:48 PM.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
          Have to admit there is really nothing to be done about this but ... come the warmer weather, I feel as if I'm back in my parents' house. Cigarette smoke drifting in through my bedroom window, cigarette smoke drifting in under my front door.

Yes, this IS a non-smoking building; however, smokers who lived here prior to the smoking ban are "grandfathered" and allowed to continue smoking in their units (or on their balconies) ... just not in the common areas.

I have virtually no sympathy for those who say they hate the smell of weed ... I'd rather smell that than tobacco any day (and I'm not even a user ....)
          My friend had to go through this in her old complex. She has asthma. We are allowed to smoke on our balconies and it doesn't bother me if neighbors do unless I don't close my patio door soon enough.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post

OH hell no, cigarettes don't smell great but smell WAY better than weed. Weed is the foulest odor ever, it's DISGUSTING.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
              OH hell no, cigarettes don't smell great but smell WAY better than weed. Weed is the foulest odor ever, it's DISGUSTING.
              Maybe we have different weed up here ... ?
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                Not to my nose. To me, most weed smells far better than any cigarette. Some pipe tobacco and some cigars can smell much better, but cigarettes are awful.

... Then again, I spent many years smoking weed and none at all smoking cigarettes ...
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• You across the courtyard:

Why in the hell are you standing at your window looking at our apartment? Yes, I'm kinda-sorta looking back at you, but only because you've been doing this every evening for the past week and it's weird. Are you maybe related to our neighbor in this building who is probably going to die of Lysol poisoning?
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• OK, I know there are serious problems going on in the world today but I just have one question right now: why is my neighbor so angry at the cabinets? Also the toilet seems to bear some of the brunt.

Comment

• General stress? At least s/he is taking it out on inanimate objects, rather than pets or people.

Still annoying, though, I realize. DH apparently had noise issues with bimbo upstairs today.
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• She's been doing it for years so I guess she's really stressed all the time. It is annoying at 3:00 am.

Comment

• Oh, sorry, for some reason I thought you meant a recent development.

Some people are just inconsiderate jackasses. We're developing a real noise issue with bimbo upstairs. Her guy is pretty cool, she's an inconsiderate moron. She's also guilty of twice in three days "forgetting" to not use a tub known to be leaky (her apartment, like mine, has two bathrooms) and dumping a load of water into my bathroom (most landed in the tub, no apparent damage to my belongings).
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• They should make her move out of that unit due to hazard. They should have to relocate her in another unit. I don't know what the law says.

Comment

• Had one of the neighbors screaming in the hall a few hours ago at his wife(?) about "Hanging out in Walmart too much" and how that "...was why we were sick last week".

Gee, that isn't ominous at all...

Comment

• A new fellow tenant was feeding a local colony of feral cats. For various reasons, she was really struggling financially, so I said I could buy the occasional bag of kibble to help with the kitties (I get an employee discount, of course).. Well, then her employer shut down due to COVID. I urged her to apply for the emergency funding available in Ontario. It's about $2,000 a month, which was more than she was making (and more than I make).

So I was talking to her again tonight. She had been asking for another bag of kibble, which I took down, and which she thanked me for. In the conversation I asked if she'd ever applied for the emergency funding. Oh yes! And she was being called back to work but she was going to "make sure" they didn't give her so many hours that she loses the emergency funding.

Okay, madam, well, guess you'll be buying your own kitty kibble from now on. I didn't mind helping when she actually needed it, but if she's getting $2,000 from the government, and is supplementing that with a few hours at her actual job ...

Yeah, I was kinda pissed over that one.
                                Last edited by Pixelated; 05-25-2020, 05:35 PM.
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X