This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost died, my bad, am back~

Ok so short tldr of what transpired while I was gone, and why I have been unable to post:

- Job place was bought out, I was promptly "let go", and have been working triple time since

- had surgery on my wisdom teeth that went horribly, horribly wrong, culminating in the fact that I now have a stupid amount of debt, and half of my face now is either numb half the time, or feels like someone is jamming a live wire into my jaw

- found a job

- company kind of folded "we thought we'd have clients flooding in...and we didn't"

- lost three of my biggest client accounts due to totally freaking weird circumstances

- almost died because I scritched a tiny cut on my leg while gardening, and staph bacteria got inside. Thanks to having the worst insurance in existence, and being financially wiped out thanks to a horrible year, I tried to push through it...which did not work, and I collapsed in the middle of my daughter's birthday party, and had to go to the ER. Apparently it was a few hours from going septic, and I would've lost my leg. As it stands, I have a good amount of nerve and muscular tissue damage to it, and of course...stupid amounts of hospital bills.

ssiiiiiiiiggggghhhhh
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Heeeeeey! Great to see you around again! *big hugs* Was wondering what had happened to you, glad to hear you are... well, I won't say 'ok', given everything you described, but surviving.
    Violets are blue,
    Roses are red,
    I bequeath to thee...
    A boot to the head >_>

Comment

My god Seraph! I was kidding in the visitor message I posted on your account asking if you had died or not!

Note to Self: Don't pick up any weird Japanese looking notebooks I find on the ground around town, we are CLEARLY not qualified to handle them.

Seriously though, that sucks massively but I'm glad your back.
      Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

LOL yeah I think I surprised a few people recently who were all "where've you been....we thought you died hahaha".

Its kind of almost a fun icebreaker now. "oh yeah see how I occasionally drag my leg? Leg tried to kill me. It failed. Also please let me know if I get anything on my face because I can't tell, thanks much."

Comment

Welcome back! And congrats on beating death!!
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Glad to see you back, but so sorry about the ordeals you have been through! I hope you have better days in the future!
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Check with the hospital and the doctors to see if they have financial assistance to cover some of the bills. In 2014 I spent a week in ICU with sepsis & no insurance. I filled out financial aid paperwork and the hospital forgave $75,000 hospital bill as well as $6,000 bill for visiting nurses after I was released from the hospital. I had another $7,000 in doctor and surgeon bills - with financial aid they reduced the balance by 80% and accepted payments of $25 per month until paid. It would never have occurred to me to even ask about assistance - it was suggested by someone who called me about the past due balance with the hospital.
              "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Welcome back, we missed you here.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

*Hugs*

And also chocolate if you need it.
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Poor Seraph. I'm glad you're on the mend.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

What an awful time you've had! I second freeatlast's suggestion about seeking financial assistance, or at least a payment plan.

Glad to hear from you. Let's hope your Enemy of Normalcy powers have tapped out and you get a string of good luck for a while.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Glad to hear from you. Let's hope your Enemy of Normalcy powers have tapped out and you get a string of good luck for a while.
                        Or her powers get turned on extra strong, but only attracting abnormally good stuff!
                        Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

Will try and ask about the financial assistance thing...this hospital is a bit notorious for being very difficult about it, but its worth a shot.

Comment

Madame.. you deserve better.
                            You hold power over me and abuse it. I do not like it, and say so. Suddenly I am a problem.. FIND. A. MIRROR!

Comment

Almost forgot this...derp...but since you're here....
                              Attached Files
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                              X