This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public service announcement

This has made such a huge change in my life that I'm spreading the word.

Some of you may have read my recent post about realizing that oatmeal is not a good thing for me to eat. I have since cut out all grains.

The difference is startling. My head is clearer, I can walk without pain, my joints move freely, and I feel physically lighter. Even more, the depression that had been keeping me virtually paralyzed has lifted. The negativity comes up sometimes, but not for long, and not overwhelming, as it used to do. I still can't believe how different I feel.

I did some reading about grains. Wheat, oats, corn, barley, rye, sorghum, rice, and even bamboo and sugar cane are all grasses. That may be the link. I don't have hay fever, but clearly, I do have a problem with grains.

The reason I'm posting this is that if you feel sluggish and heavy, if you're experiencing heavy-duty brain fog, if you're depressed, if your joints hurt, if you have difficulty moving - you may have the same problem I do. So, you may want to try cutting out first one grain, then another. Or try eating no grains for a few days and see what it does.

I don't want my friends to go through that hell.

Have you been tested for Celiac disease?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

No, I haven't. Going gluten-free wasn't enough - I ate gluten-free oats, and they still had a vile effect on me. And corn and rice don't contain gluten. I think it's a sensitivity. I'm going to get tested for allergies later this month, and see what they say.

Comment

I do better without grains. It's not the gluten, though. (I've used gluten as a protein source with no issues.) I don't know what it is about them but they instantly bloat me like I'm 9 months pregnant. Lectins or something? I don't know. Mom says when I was a baby and she gave me oatmeal the first time I was in fits. I can tolerate a little but there are still some reprecussions. Do you have an issue with legumes, too? It seems like those go together for some people. I do eat peanut butter because I like it but I know it'll increase my inflammation just a bit.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Fortunately, I don't have an issue with legumes.

It's maddening - I keep thinking of things I want to eat, but can't. I know what will happen if I do. And evidently, there's no way to test for a sensitivity to a food.

Comment

Working...
          X