This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting posts

Every so often, someone posts something, and then has second thoughts for whatever reason, and asks us to delete it for them. Apparently some of our users aren't aware that they can do this themselves, which I can understand, because there's an edit button on each post, but no visible delete button.

If you click on the Edit button, the delete button will show up. FYI -- if you delete the first post in a thread, the entire thread will be deleted, regardless of who else posted to it.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact any of the moderating team.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

I'm deliberately bumping this one up, since it's been buried and we've had a recent issue with this type of thing.

Apparently we can't stress this enough. If you decide maybe this shouldn't be posted, then please follow the instructions for deleting your post(s.)

If, after you have tried to do this yourself and it's not working for you for some reason, then don't hesitate to let us know by PM (or you can use the Report button).
    Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 06-26-2011, 01:35 PM.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

To add, though, if a member is going to mass delete a bunch of posts for any reason, the mods would appreciate a PM with a head's up, just so we know what's going on, especially if it's a privacy or security issue.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Giving this one a bump, since we've had a few people recently ask us to delete posts for them. While we don't mind doing it, members are able to delete their own posts.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
        X