This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm looking for a book. It's purple."

Okay, I work in a grocery store, not a bookstore, but this was the equivalent request.

Customer (not sucky, I should add) comes up to my till empty-handed.

Me: "Can I help you?"

Customer: "Yeah, I want three of those bags of that ... stuff, the stuff that's 3 bags for $10."

Me:

Me: "Is it [commonly requested garden material]?"

Customer: "No, it's not that. Um, it's in a green-and-white bag. And it's 3 bags for $10."

Me:

I call over the "Front End." She's frantically directing traffic and can NOT leave to go outside and look over all the bags of "stuff." Somebody else volunteers to do so, and comes back and tells me it's [Product]. I ring it up and yes, it's 3 bags for $10.

Then he starts to walk away without his receipt. Um, buddy, we RARELY ask you to prove you paid but it would be a lot easier on you if you've got a receipt ... just in case.

Also ... I had to wonder if he didn't have a cellphone. I've had other people come through my line looking for "garden stuff" but they had taken a photo of said "stuff" and showed me the photo. I could thus find it in 2 seconds flat on my print-out.

Alas, I do not know every single deal in the store and thus "3 bags for $10" (not to mention "green-and-white bag") was really no help at all.

He wasn't sucky about it at all, but we could all have done without this, as today was absolutely crazed. Our manager thinks we got some overflow from a sister store which is known to have two or three staff members who've tested positive for lycanthropy ... I mean, COVID.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Quoth Pixelated View Post
    ... Our manager thinks we got some overflow from a sister store which is known to have two or three staff members who've tested positive for lycanthropy ... I mean, COVID.
    A virus that causes lycanthropy I could relate to. It would release the inner beast. That would be a surprise for sucky customers.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I have the perfect place for you to work, should you happen across that virus. Just swing by my place first...

https://customerservicewolf.com/
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"I want to see your manager!"
        *Wolfs out*
        "... NevermindIGottaBeGoing!"

Comment

Even better if it's a long, drawn out transformation with lots of screaming and nudity like in Being Human
          Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Working...
          X