Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*laughs* I am actually trying to avoid having similar abilities to others..((Didn't consider the 'Not my problem field' before choosing Kiki's ability)) but I think it fits her..Isis is sort of similar to Heimdell (spelling).
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Heimdall has much more in common with Hermes than Iris.

Both bridges between worlds, both purported to be tricksters that stick their noses into everyone else's business and so on.

Iris was a bit more friendly and one of the few gods in greek myth who didn't bone humans over at every turn.

She is as much associated with the seas and sky and winds as she is the rainbow. In fact one of her tasks is to seed the clouds with water for rain.

Comment

Great Riley went from Poker Ace to Burned Spy... thanks

Comment

Kiki has a gem of true sight!
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
            Great Riley went from Poker Ace to Burned Spy... thanks
            Heh. I had to come up with SOMEONE to use as a picbase for Riley's Father's mortal guise.

Quoth Mytical View Post
            Handy little thing, isn't it?
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              Now if only you could separate it from the weapon and mount it into a pair of glasses that Kiki wears ALL the time.

I've been watching a whole bunch of videos with various Irish accents in them and experimenting with how best to capture the Irish accent in writing. I may toy with Liam's speech pattern from time to time.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                Now if only you could separate it from the weapon and mount it into a pair of glasses that Kiki wears ALL the time.

I've been watching a whole bunch of videos with various Irish accents in them and experimenting with how best to capture the Irish accent in writing. I may toy with Liam's speech pattern from time to time.
                Speaking as someone who loves to play with accents, don't go overboard with trying to transcribe it to the written word. While I can pretty well tease out what someone means, others reading may not be able to do so. Heck, Mattieu's Cajun accent is stronger than I have it written down, still understandable, but stronger than it sounds. I mostly kept it contained to his slapdash approach to grammar and the occasional phonetic thing.

Just a bit of advice.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not planning on trying to spell things phonetically. I know enough to know that never works.

I'm going more for the common words, the rest is getting regional turns of phrase down. Of course not living there means I have no clue which ones are current hence the video watching.

It's more trying to get which sounds are dropped, which words are not enunciated as well. Like I've noticed that words ending in t are almost over emphasized while the usual sterotype where a beginning th sound becomes d isn't really the case. They more have a tendency to just drop the h sound.

So when they say "That" most people would say "Dat" is the correct sound. But it's really more "T'at" The h sound is sort of skipped over. Or the word I or that vowel sound in general tends to come out "Oi"

I may end up dropping representing the accent in general since its understood at this point anyway

Comment

Good on you, Chanlin, for recognizing that.

Also, I need to know what the focus items for Riley and Liam should be. I mean, for Riley, I'm half tempted to have her Father give her a bracelet of some kind, unless you have something else in mind.

As for Liam, Danu's as likely to give him a mystical tattoo, not unlike MacBride's, of Celtic knotwork design or something, on his forearm.

Comment

See attached pics:

I figure Riley's can be a pendant or a vambrace of sorts with that symbol on it.

Some of Liam's abilities I'm basing from a book series, so the tattoo from that series seems appropriate
                      Attached Files

Comment

Going out of town Monday, won't be back until Friday. I will have limited internet access. I most likely won't be able to post until after I get back Friday night.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                          Going out of town Monday, won't be back until Friday. I will have limited internet access. I most likely won't be able to post until after I get back Friday night.
                          No worries, Chanlin, the game will be here when you get back.

Comment

Wee back from vacation

Comment

Liam O'Keefe, Za Lord of Cantwell Park. XD

Comment

*laughs* Good thing the e is silent on how everybody is pronouncing his stage name, or else Lupo would wonder what they were smoking

Comment

Working...
                                X