The Coronavirus Panic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Arcus View Post
    I and my family rarely go out (dad has health issues) yet covid still got into our house.
    I and my family also rarely go out. The ONE time we trusted some "friends" about their recent illness ("Oh, it wasn't covid, just some nasty sinus stuff that we're still getting over. Besides, masks don't work anyway.") we got covid. They're not friends anymore, and I'm still wearing my mask.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• it's saddening how things can change thanks to COVID. this damn thing got into our house in december, and my dad has had long haul complications from it. after a month in hospitals and then an assisted living facilty, my dad got a blood clot in his lung. he was put on medication to slowly desolve it, but his health kept getting worse. just over a week ago, we took him back to the hospital because he was having a hard time breathing. that was the last time he will ever be out of the hospital alive. yesterday they took him off the ventilator and today they started the drugs to keep him comfortable until he passes. he was counted as 'recovered from COVID' but this damn virus still took him from us.

Comment

• I'm so sorry to see you're losing your dad, Arcus. That really sucks.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• My condolences to you and your family, Arcus.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Well, I hope my customer's COVID test comes back negative. She called today about cashing in a CD. She sounded awful. Congested. And she seemed to be losing her voice. She said she couldn't come in because she was waiting for the results of a COVID test. At least she's following that recommendation. I told her she could send her husband in, maybe through the drive, to drop off the signed CD with a note what she wants done with it, and I'd take care of it for her.

Well, she sends the husband in with it. He comes into the lobby unmasked and hands me the CD. Ugh. I really hope her test comes back negative.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Welp. Guess who just tested positive for Covid?

Thursday last week, one of my coworkers was in the office, unmasked, sounding hoarse as hell and coughing constantly. Again: UNMASKED. And he was back on Friday, still just as bad.

I started developing a cough on Saturday that steadily got worse despite taking some Mucinex and sucking on cough drops all day. Developed a fever that night, and Sunday I was hoarse and still coughing. I called out of work on Monday, and later took a home test, which came up positive. A roommate also tested positive (though she hadn't been in contact with me that much), so now I'm self-isolating for the rest of the week.

Sunday was still the worst I felt, so I'm hoping this is going to be a mild case. But even so.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Thankfully I had a mild case. That Sunday was still the worst, and while I have the occasional tickle in my chest when I breathe, the coughing has gone away and now isn't any worse than it would be for the pollen and such, so I'm pretty much in the clear. Back at work, masked, social distancing, wearing gloves when leaving my cubicle etc.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                Thursday last week, one of my coworkers was in the office, unmasked, sounding hoarse as hell and coughing constantly. Again: UNMASKED. And he was back on Friday, still just as bad.
                And this coworker? Turns out he didn't have Covid. No one else in the office has gotten sick either.

So I dunno where I got it, but my point stands that he should have been wearing a mask after he started coughing the way he was.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• My turn now. Been feeling tired for a while now (lots of stressful stuff at home) and then my sinuses started their dance. Took a test, and it came out positive.

Mild so far, just like a regular cold or flu. Hopefully it stays like that.
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• With the new strains being highly contagious with mild symptoms, makes me wonder how many times I have caught it and not known.

Older brother got his second booster Tuesday last week. Found out the next day, he was exposed on Monday. By Friday, he tested positive.

He had to deal with symptoms and reactions.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• So around the beginning of last month I got sick, I called out and figured that I'd just stay in bed for that day and the next since I was off the next day anyways. Had to call in again on the third day since I still wasn't feeling better but not like I had been a couple of days before. Decided to go to a walk-in clinic near me to not only get a doctor's note for the two days I called out but also a COVID test just to rule that out. Yup, I had the damn thing so I had to call up work for the second time that day and talked to the store manager about it, so I had to quarantine for the rest of the week and wear a mask for a while afterwards.

Sucked a lot but I'm glad that I got both shots AND a booster, could've been worse than what I had. The first day was the worst of it, by the end of the week I was feeling a lot better but still had some congestion. Really the worst symptoms I had was the runny nose and the congestion, I had some minor chills and body ache but that was gone by the second day.
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• So, one of the new hires i've been training has informed me that he never got vaccinated and refuses to get vaccinated either. Well, one of our other trainees tested positive for COVID this morning and they've worked side by side more than a few times...I'm thinking that he's going to regret not getting vaccinated. Or he may surprise all of us and not get sick at all. All I know is that his ranting against it all has me drove...ugh.

Comment

• (grumble gripe) So it hasn't been the best medical year for me anyway. TIA in April, passed out at the doctor's office last week (I'm now a cyborg, with a heart monitor attached to my chest until next month) and had an abnormal EKG (PCP did give me a referral to cardiology, just waiting to hear from them).

DH and I both noted sore throats on Tuesday. He was a good deal sicker than I was. (He refuses to get the Covid vaccine, I'm fully vaccinated and boosted) Sure enough, he came up positive that day.

I had three negative tests in as many days, skipped yesterday because I thought I was feeling better. Woke up feeling pretty lousy today, and bingo. I'm Covid-positive.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• I went out to karaoke with a friend a couple of weeks ago. Towards the end of the night, I could tell my singing voice wasn't up to its usual quality, and I started feeling a little scratchy. The next day, I was feeling completely wiped out, and I was congested, and coughing a lot. I figured it was just my seasonal allergies hitting me really bad, and didn't give it much thought, especially after checking my temperature several times and seeing it come up normal. After a few days of sucking down orange juice and cough syrup, my cough started to loosen up, and I felt pretty much normal other than the typical allergy symptoms.

Last week, I got in touch with my friend to see if she wanted to go out for karaoke again. She told me that she had COVID. She started feeling sick the next day, but figured she had simply overdone it at the bar with me. She took a test just in case, and it came up negative. But then she took another one a few days later, and it came up positive. When I contacted her, she was starting to feel better, but her boyfriend had tested positive that same day, and was feeling pretty rough.

Now I'm wondering if I had it and didn't know it. I'm fully vaxxed and double-boosted, so I suppose if I did catch it I might not notice. FYI, my friend and her boyfriend are better now too.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• Disclaimer:
                              I am not a doctor. I don't play one on TV. I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

On average (your mileage may vary), it takes 7-8 days to show symptoms. MadMike and friends probably caught it the week before. By that same token, MadMike's friend should have tested positive if she was showing symptoms. That is what makes Covid so much fun.

I now know two people who have caught it twice. One is vaxxed and boosted. The other is not.

Seanette,
                              Hope your feeling better soon.

MadMike,
                              Glad to hear you and your friends are recovered.
                              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                              Save the Ales!
                              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                              X