This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
    I always kept a loadout of combat drones in my hulk, just to see off the occasional npc rat, was hilarious one time when someone tried to gank me and died to them! Concord only works if you're in HiSec, I never was.
    Hulkageddon normally was only really effective in hi sec, everybody in low and null were watching out for ganks. On of my first corps had a hi sec system on the other side of some low sec systems, kept most people out. A lot of the time if you are mining a really remote hi sec system that nobody normally goes to you can be pretty certain to be mostly safe. Though I was happiest down in Branch in I-7.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

- In Mirage Isles, one of the cool things you can do is test drive dune buggy-lookin' cars. Be advised that, despite looking like boats, they do not actually float and should not be driven into the sea.
      Last edited by firecat88; 03-30-2015, 03:27 AM.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

- Trade runs are better with friends. Not just for having someone to talk to during the long walk (and it *will* be a long walk if you're doing the ones in ArcheAge), but to have someone watch your back so you don't get attacked by stuff.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

If the game shows you the AOE of an attack before it happens, take it as a hint to move out of the way. I've dealt with too many idiots trying to dodge tank an attack without thinking in Aura Kingdom.
          Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Wandering off track,but if anyone in any of these MMPORGs would like to welcome a newbie and show me the ropes,I'd love to join in-prefer the adventure types to the nothing-but-blasting-anything-that-moves ones. Just make sure I don't create mayhem when I join...like I may have done on my first LARP when I accidentally sold the dead bodies of our team members to an evil necromancer
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Whining about not being given Beta keys to test new content will get you nowhere. And whilst it gives you a pre show of the new content its still likely to be changed and your progress will be wiped regularly as they reset and adapt it.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                Wandering off track,but if anyone in any of these MMPORGs would like to welcome a newbie and show me the ropes,I'd love to join in-prefer the adventure types to the nothing-but-blasting-anything-that-moves ones. Just make sure I don't create mayhem when I join...like I may have done on my first LARP when I accidentally sold the dead bodies of our team members to an evil necromancer
                You and anyone else who's interested are more than welcome to join me in ArcheAge. I'm on the European server Orchidna and on one of the North America servers that I cannot for the life of me which one I went with. My elf is currently halfway to level 36, but I've also got a Firran (cat-person) and a Harani (human who comes from a very steampunk-y society) who are both level 10.

Comment

In Archeage...

Make sure you swap out of the spec you are leveling by doing trade packs BEFORE taking on mobs. Not only is none of your abilities on the hot bar, but your actual level is lower than those lvl 50+ mobs.

Comment

Oh... I have another one. IDK if I mentioned it up thread.

In a 5 man dungeon if your healer says "I need mana" DO NOT continue pulling.
                    Do it enough and the healer(me) will decide to just let you die when you pull and she's said she needs mana.

I don't care if you know the dungeon, we keep dying, this is why. It's not because I'm a bad healer... its because I run out of mana half way through a fight and refuse to guzzle mana potions when I'd have had enough mana if you WAITED for me to get full mana before the pull.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                      From DC Universe:

--For cripe's sake, LEARN YOUR ROLE! This especially applies to controllers. Your job is to debuff and regenerate power (mana). Without power, no one else can do their jobs. Tanks can't get/keep aggro, healers can't heal, damagers can't damage. If your power bar is full and everyone else's is empty, you're doing it wrong.
                      --Learn your power. That's what the first 30 levels are for. So when someone asks you to throw a debuff, a burst heal, or pull that boss over there, you know what to do.
                      --Do you want to die a quick and horrible death? No? Then stay with the group so your healer can heal you and let the tank hit first to get aggro.
                      --Dear damagers: LEARN TO NOT SPAM YOUR POWERS. YOU HAVE A WEAPON. USE IT. Your controllers will thank you. Being the only one with an empty power bar doesn't mean you have a terrible controller. It means you are a terrible damager. And if you go so far as to start screaming at the controller, don't be surprised if they tell you to drink a soder (potion). Their priorities are rightly the healers and tanks.
                      --This is a multiplayer game. Which means it's not all about you. If someone in your group is asking to do things a certain way to get a feat, do your best to not screw it up. You'll make more friends that way.
                      My fiancé plays DC every day. He has a healer toon and a controller toon. I read this to him and he said, " They need to post this on DC for everyone to read!" He very much agrees with you!
                      You can't take the sky from me...

Comment

More from Kim's ArcheAge Tips:

- Do not be fooled by the quests at the Nymph Sanctuary in Solzreed. Just because they're in Solzreed does not mean they will be easy. The banshees are level 35, have a one-star rank, and always travel in pairs. Practice extreme caution and probably have someone higher-than-level-40 with you. Do not attack them solo because you will very probably die.

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
                          Whining about not being given Beta keys to play new content will get you nowhere. And whilst it gives you a pre show of the new content its still likely to be changed and your progress will be wiped regularly as they reset and adapt it.
                          Had to fix that because let's be honest here, for every person actually testing (ie noting proper note taking, submitting reports, playing sections ad infinitium, etc) there are 100 people just saying "I got in!" and screwing around.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                            Had to fix that because let's be honest here, for every person actually testing (ie noting proper note taking, submitting reports, playing sections ad infinitium, etc) there are 100 people just saying "I got in!" and screwing around.
                            Accepted! Unfortunately far too true...
                            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Kim's ArcheAge Tip of the Week: Yes, I know that Tarian the Grim is really cool-looking. If you decide to take screenies of him whilst he's sleeping, though, do not get too close. He will wake up and you will die. Trying to run is useless.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by firecat88; 04-28-2015, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                                More from Kim's ArcheAge Tips:

- Do not be fooled by the quests at the Nymph Sanctuary in Solzreed. Just because they're in Solzreed does not mean they will be easy.
                                I misread quests as guests... meaning that GUESTS at the Nymph Sanctuary may not be easy. That's a shame....
                                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X