This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My office is still being treated like the unwanted stepchild

The poor communication issues we've been dealing with ever since our bank became a branch of another bank continue.

Yesterday, during our loan meeting (teleconference), the Compliance Guy mentioned that we (just my branch) hadn't been pulling a Military Lending report and putting it in the loan files. He said a coworker had emailed the info to us a YEAR ago, but he had forgotten to check that they were in the files until now. I said I didn't remember getting that.

I was angry at being singled out. He could have brought it up to me privately, but instead he had to bring it up at the loan meeting in front of all the loan officers, including the bank president. I couldn't even look him in the eye to express my discomfort, since it was a teleconference. Everyone else was over the phone in the next state.

After the meeting, I searched my emails for "military" and found the email he was talking about. It included a link to the website but didn't say what we needed to do with it. I had assumed it was to be used when we were sending collection letters for real estate loans, since collection rules are different if the borrower is in the military.

I called Compliance Guy and explained that I'd found the email but that I was still unclear on what needed to be done. He said there was a Military Lending Act Policy on the server that I could read. Which might have been useful if someone had told me it was available a YEAR ago, when this apparently went into effect. Then he said that he hadn't had it on his compliance review checklist, but it was on our checklist for completing the files. I let him know it wasn't on our checklist. Oh, well, there's a new checklist. Which I never received until he emailed it to me yesterday. And do I need pull this on all new loans since January 2019? No, only personal non-real estate loans. Ok, so only about two dozen. Cool.

The upshot of all this is that I had to pull this report for about two dozen customers and put the report in their loan files. If any of these customers were in the military, we should have given them additional disclosure at loan closing. But luckily none of them were.

It kind of pisses me off that we're still having situations come up where the main branch decided a policy or procedure has to change, but doesn't inform us. Or doesn't communicate it to us completely. Or doesn't send us updated forms (like the checklists).
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Sadly, dealing with Corporate types is like dealing with certain customers -- Our psychic powers only work if the subject in question has a mind to read.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yeah, they seem to expect us to know what happened at a meeting we weren't invited to.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
      X