This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I GOT THE JOB!!!!

as soon as I call the talent coordinator and accept (just now got the voicemail). So some of you know my current employer has been cutting our hours to ridiculous levels and then this happened today: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=115382

Well, I busted my butt running all over town on the bus for 2 days straight in the heat interviewing my little heart out. Yesterday's interview I didn't want to go to because the bus service is limited and I had a mistake on my resume I didn't have enough time to fix and I knew I was missing one of the technical qualifications. I went anyway. It felt like what I love to do at the service desk, but it's on the phone. And the company is a great one. My friend only left them because she was moving out of state to be closer to family. She loved that job. It's a globally-reaching company that is contracted to lease a type of business machine that's been around since 1920 and that can't be owned by the clients because of some government regulations. Our location does billing and general customer service while the department that sells the lease contracts is in another state (I asked because I was interested in sales down the road.) The company is branching out to do other things, too.
    It's a job with pay slightly better than what I get now. I don't care that it's not a lot more because being employed full-time will help me so much. I plan for now to work my other job Saturdays and when I get a car the occasional Sunday. The more $ I have coming in, the sooner I'll get the finances taken care of. I'm excited!

Oh, and the best part: I now realize the call for the new job came in just as my boss was pulling me into the office. YES
    Last edited by Food Lady; 08-05-2016, 05:54 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I'm so happy for you!
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Woohoo!!!

Way to go!
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Conga Rats!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Let me be a bit more original. Conga cats. Good catch.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Way to go!
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Congrats, Food Lady!
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

That's awesome!!.. Congratz!!!
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

So are you going to give any notice or just clock out for the last time?
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'm going to stay part-time for the extra money, discount, and dental (until my new benefits kick in). I'll work Saturdays and the occasional Friday night or Sunday night. I have a coworker who does that. One thing I can say for them is that they're pretty accomodating. It's just the whole credit app thing I have a problem with and the district manager's propensity for slashing hours. Most of the in-store management I like, especially the store manager and the HR lady. They've been very supportive and I think they'll understand why I'm doing this, though they won't be happy. My direct boss will be relieved, I think.

Comment

Congrats!

As Charlotte says, if you don't stick your neck out, and maybe touch the scary evil new perch with your foot, you'll never get the cashew, er, I mean better job.

At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

*happy dance*
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

YAY FOR YOU!! That's awesome!!
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

As far as keeping the current job as a part-time second job, be careful. They may want to schedule you every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That happened to me last time I held down multiple jobs; I ended up going 21 days in a row without a day off. Exhausting.

I understand wanting to pay off debts, but you need to think of your own health too. If it gets too much, dump the part-time job.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

As far as keeping the current job as a part-time second job, be careful. They may want to schedule you every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That happened to me last time I held down multiple jobs; I ended up going 21 days in a row without a day off. Exhausting.

I understand wanting to pay off debts, but you need to think of your own health too. If it gets too much, dump the part-time job.
                              Yep. I wouldn't be able to work Fridays because of my schedule and I have Sundays off. Saturdays it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X