This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, Nobody deserves it more!

Of course, no more Clearance Swamp stories... Hopefully you'll hear things you can pass on.

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
    It would be interesting to witness the implosion at the Clearance Swamp.
    Agreed, this place is going to go straight into the toilet without you. And it will be YOUR fault, of course...

Comment

I do hope you'll stick around, Irv. I'm sure you'll find post-worthy co-irkers and manglement at the new job.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
        We're good people.

Well, most of us.

Sometimes.
        Graveyard shift is the mark of a great person...maybe a good one...Well -- they're all right.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

*flings confetti* Hooray! Congratulations!

I'm one of those weird people who finds it easier to sleep during the day and work at night; my body clock seems to have 'nocturnal' as an optional setting. Hopefully you'll find that you're at least comfortable with those hours!

Comment

I'd be tempted to do what Doug "That Guy With The Glasses" Walker did when he quit his job.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
              I do hope you'll stick around, Irv. I'm sure you'll find post-worthy co-irkers and manglement at the new job.
              Oh I will. I could never quit you guys.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Have we been Rick-rolled?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Aww, you're no fun.

I'm oodles of fun.

When I'm awake.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Graveyard shift is the mark of a great person...maybe a good one...Well -- they're all right.
                  LMAO
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We love you, too, Irv. Congrats!

Comment

So what was the reaction when you submitted notice? When is your last day?

Comment

Most managers will either:
                        A. Let the news roll like water off a duck's back.
                        B. Suddenly have a these wonderful promotions, perks and raises which otherwise would be a pipe dream
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          Most managers will either:
                          A. Let the news roll like water off a duck's back.
                          B. Suddenly have a these wonderful promotions, perks and raises which otherwise would be a pipe dream
                          In the case of A only until reality strikes, at which point they run around like headless chickens blaming all this on the person who left...

In the case of B these 'promises' won't be in writing, and if the recipient is dumb enough to believe them they will evaporate just as soon as the errant employee agrees to come back and cancels taking the new job...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                            In the case of B these 'promises' won't be in writing, and if the recipient is dumb enough to believe them they will evaporate just as soon as the errant employee agrees to come back and cancels taking the new job...
                            Needless to say
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Had orientation today. Four hours of HR stuff and training videos, then lunch, which they provided, and finally I ended up welding temperature probes for freezers.

Everybody is so friendly and helpful. I'm over the moon.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sounds like they appreciate you already.

Pity the Clearance Swamp didn't, but that's their loss...

Comment

Working...
                                X