Clear All

(It's a 2 guy salute!)

Congratulations!
    To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
    To pursue it with forks and hope;
    To threaten its life with a railway share;
    To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Will miss reading your epic stories from the store but Congrats on finding a new job.

Comment

Woot! Congrats!
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

So far, the reactions from the hourly employees has been entirely positive and supportive. Even the 10+ year veterans have congratulated me on getting the hell out of dodge before things go even further down hill. I think there are plans afoot to throw me a going away party.

Focker and Amy - the two Assistant Managers - have also been supportive.

The Big One I haven't gotten yet is from The Don, who is back at work tomorrow. I'll let you guys know.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
            Inspired Selling".
            Ah crap. That's what our manager's been doing on her "vacation".

I wonder if this is basically the same thing I do everyday only more crap. Well, that clinches it. Celebratory drinks on me when and if we can get this weekend planned out.

Comment

Congrats Dave!

You deserve it.

Comment

Thanks!
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Woo hoo, Dave! Congrats and hope you enjoy the new one.
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I haven't even started this job yet and my dad is already all-but talking openly about getting me out of the house and into an apartment. For Pete's sake, one thing at a time! Gotta save up some money first!

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

What did The Don say?
                      A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

He said that "I needed a change" and "who's gonna hold the door gate closed while I lock it after you're gone?"

My reply to that smartass remark was "Who's gonna do your pull lists when I'm gone?"

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope the new job is a great one
                          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Well, after a bit of confusion and some emails back and forth with [Sandman's Company] I've got all my pre-employment paperwork as squared away as possible (save for one form I need to have signed in the presence of witnesses) so I'm just waiting for the background check and drug test to come back clean and I will be contacted and told exactly where and when to report for my first day.

Today I rounded up all of my Bent Staple shirts (still have a couple that I was told to hold onto from the previous revision) and sweaters along with a company training manual and turned them in.

8 shifts left and I'm outta there!

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

WOOHOO!!!! Background check and drug test have come back clean and I now have my official start time! I'm in!!!!

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Go Dave!!
                                SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                                SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
                                X