This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not at this store

While having a good day at work, things suddenly turned (as always).

SC: I need ya'll to fix my Widgetron 4000.
    Me: We don't have that capability here.
    SC: WHY NOT? I bought it here.
    Me: Sir, we do not carry the Widgetron 4000.
    SC: YES YOU DO. I bought it here a month ago. Ya'll are gonna fix it or exchange it for a new one.
    Me: <Another good day ruined; I don't want to argue with this guy. Have I gone braindead? So, as far too often occurs, I Google it. The top results are online retailers, the manufacturer's website, and OTHER Big Box Store. Zero results for Big Box Store.> As I said, sir, we do not carry the Widgetron 4000. Perhaps you bought it at OTHER Big Box Store?
    SC: NO! Well, uh, I....<FINALLY realizing his error; states sarcastically> Well, thanks for all YOUR help! <Angrily stomps off>
    Me: Uuumm. You're welcome?

Never underestimate the stupidity of the living braindead.

Like the woman who swore up and down that she'd bought Prestone antifreeze at our store - a military commissary. Which didn't sell automotive supplies, except for water. When I pointed this out she left in a huff but turned with her parting shot, "Well, at least I don't have to work for a living!"

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
      When I pointed this out she left in a huff but turned with her parting shot, "Well, at least I don't have to work for a living!"

Which is kind of a shame, because if you did, you probably wouldn't be by now.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
        a military commissary. (snip) "Well, at least I don't have to work for a living!"
        Proud of not having to work for a living? Sounds like you were dealing with the worst kind of Dependapotamus - the type that throws her husband's rank around to gain benefits (such as bullying the wife of a lower-ranking person into letting her in line first) for herself.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Proud of not having to work for a living? Sounds like you were dealing with the worst kind of Dependapotamus - the type that throws her husband's rank around to gain benefits (such as bullying the wife of a lower-ranking person into letting her in line first) for herself.
          I hadn't expected this thread to go in this direction, but I'm glad it did.

Regarding the Dependapotomi: Fuck their bitching. Many years ago at Fort Ord, I had to pull Soldiers from their duties to pull school crossing guard. I wasn't too upset as I had a young child myself and understood the necessity to protect the children. BUT, when I got called before the sergeant major to explain why my Soldier didn't salute the blue sticker on the car of some dumb old bitch, THEN I became incensed <officer cars had blue stickers; enlisted cars had red stickers. Lowly enlisted personnel were required to salute the blue sticker, regardless of the vehicle's occupant>. MY Soldier is out there making sure that precious little colonel shithead jr. doesn't die in traffic. That MY Soldier didn't salute Mrs. colonel shithead's blue sticker is really the least of my concerns. Did little colonel shithead jr. make it home safely? Yes? Then MY Soldier accomplished the mission successfully. Did Mrs. colonel shithead get all butthurt that MY Soldier didn't salute her fucking blue sticker bother me? Multiply zero by zero and you'll have the answer.

Comment

The original post sounds a lot like what happened at my last retail job. We were a home improvements store, much like Lowes or Home Depot today. If I told you the name, you'd probably say you'd never heard of it. The last of the chain went under in the late 90's.

Anyway, we had a limited selection, and it wasn't uncommon for someone to come in and ask for an item we didn't carry, but was apparently a popular item. I guess that was one of many reasons we went under. Most customers would accept it when we told them we didn't carry what they were looking for. Except for this one guy. Our department manager "Bob" had to deal with him. Bob politely told him we didn't carry the item, and the customer insisted that we did carry it, and he knew we carried it, because he had bought one from us just the other week. Bob told him he had to be mistaken.

They went back and forth a few times, until the customer told him he knew he bought it from us, and in fact had the receipt in his pocket. He pulled it out and smugly shoved it in Bob's face. Then Bob pointed to the top of the receipt, which clearly showed the name of our competitor. The customer just sputtered and stormed out.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth The Braindead Live View Post
              You just described most of the more interesting, long-running threads on this site. Glorious, ain't it?

My thoughts on reading ST's response were pretty much the same as wolfie's; I just couldn't think of how to properly phrase it. As for this, however:
              "Well, at least I don't have to work for a living!"
              It scares and disgusts me that there are still plenty of people out there with this sort of attitude. It doesn't surprise me in the least (hanging out here will do that to you), but it still scares me.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                Most customers would accept it when we told them we didn't carry what they were looking for. Except for this one guy. Our department manager "Bob" had to deal with him. Bob politely told him we didn't carry the item, and the customer insisted that we did carry it, and he knew we carried it, because he had bought one from us just the other week.
                The problem is that it happens or a regular basis. An SC will bring in his worn out Widgetron 4000 (which still has the obvious sticker from OTHER Big Box Store) and want a replacement from Big Box Store.

SC: WHY don't you have the Widgetron 4000?
                Me: I don't know, sir. If I were that smart, I wouldn't be working here.
                SC: Where can I get a new Widgetron 4000?
                Me: <Internal dialogue - Well, sir, see that bright purple sticker that obviously says OTHER Big Box Store? Did you look at that before you left the house? Are you illiterate, color blind, or both? The GIANT sign on the front of Big Box Store is gray, and says Big Box Store. These are significant differences that should be obvious to even the dullest simpleton.> Well, sir, I see that this device was purchased at OTHER Big Box Store. Perhaps you may find a replacement there.
                SC: I didn't feel like driving over there.
                Me: <How about I sell you a Techmo 690? It's twice as expensive and is not at all like the Widgetron 4000, but you're obviously an idiot an I'll gladly take your idiot money. Dumbass.> Sorry I couldn't help.
                Last edited by MadMike; 05-01-2016, 05:16 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post.

Comment

Out in Merry old England we had one that tried to pull that BS. All of this was derived from my minions around the base who witnessed said events.

The Dependapotoms came through the front gate and the E4 on duty did not throw her a salute. She felt she was due one as she was an O2's wife. So she drove to the Admin building and filed a formal complaint. Then she blasted the Guards all throughout the wives club, and went so far as to start disparaging the Guards wife.

The CO got wind of this from his wife who had Retired as an O4 to raise their kids.

SOoo the CO called in the O2 and tells him to set up a meeting the next day with the O2 and his wife. The O2 knows this isn't going to end well for him.

Next day the Dependapotoms arrives and tells the same E4 on the gate she is there to see the CO and that he is going to get it for disrespecting her then drives on to admin.

To his credit the E4 gave no fucks.

So Dependapotoms and O2 arrive at the CO Office and Dependapotoms just plops her fat ass in a chair, O2 knows to stay standing. CO offers O2 a chair and he sits down. CO then looks at Dependapotoms and the following conversation occurs.

CO: When did you go to boot camp?
                  DP: Iv never been to boot camp!
                  CO: When was the last time YOU went on a deployment?
                  DP: I have never been on a deployment!
                  CO: When did you attend Naval Academy?
                  DP: I never attended the Naval Academy!
                  CO: Well then when did you get your Commission as an Officer?
                  DP: I was never commissioned as an Officer!
                  CO:.... SO WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN DEMAND A SALUTE?
                  DP: Sputtering ...
                  CO: YOU are banned from the base for 3 months. Since you do not have the basic decency to treat the people on base with respect. Dismissed!!!

O2 Jumped up and headed for the door while Dependapotoms was still trying to figure out what had just happened. For 3 months O2 had to get the mail, do the banking, buy the groceries, bring the cars to get gas ect ect. We saw him on base at all hours I think he was avoiding the Dependapotoms at home and base was a safe place lol. After the 3 months she didn't say a cross word to anyone.

Comment

...And justice was served. to that CO.

They can be taught!
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I got called before the sergeant major to explain why my Soldier didn't salute the blue sticker on the car of some dumb old bitch, THEN I became incensed <officer cars had blue stickers; enlisted cars had red stickers. Lowly enlisted personnel were required to salute the blue sticker,
                      LOL she must hate they got rid of them a few years back.

Quoth Crai View Post
                      Next day the Dependapotoms arrives and tells the same E4 on the gate she is there to see the CO and that he is going to get it for disrespecting her then drives on to admin.

To his credit the E4 gave no fucks.
                      That DO-2-vs-E-4 made me think of this-
                      AkaiKitsune
                      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                        LOL she must hate they got rid of them a few years back.
                        Oh, she'll find a way. She hates the LETS (Lower Enlisted Trash and Scum) and their wives and families. She has nothing better to do than wear her husband's rank.

Comment

I get people fairly often who can't find something that they "just bought here a few days ago!" Since they almost never have the product I don't have solid proof, I just assume they got it at the competitor store. One glorious time the woman did have the product. Story!

Women is stomping around huffing and I ask if I can help her. She says that we're always moving things and she can never find anything! She just bought this ribbon for a wedding and now she can't find it! She needs more soon because the wedding is tomorrow/this weekend/I can't remember. She is waving around the empty spool, so I scan it. It says invalid. I look closer... It says "made exclusively for Competitor." I point this out. I can't remember what she said exactly, I think it was just "oh." Then she leaves.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                          X